Screen protector cracks and warranty

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Just contacted ubreakifix for replacement of the factory screen protector. Now I'm getting the crack at the fold towards the bottom of screen. Dude says Samsung WAS replacing for free until the Fold 4 came out, then they stopped, then quoted $29.

Also said it's considered an accessory so it's not covered by Asurion, but the deductible would be more than that anyway for a claim. Seems like more reason for me to ditch this Asurion plan, given I'm paying $15/month, and it's only going to come in handy if I manage to destroy the phone.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just contacted ubreakifix for replacement of the factory screen protector. Now I'm getting the crack at the fold towards the bottom of screen. Dude says Samsung WAS replacing for free until the Fold 4 came out, then they stopped, then quoted $29.

Also said it's considered an accessory so it's not covered by Asurion, but the deductible would be more than that anyway for a claim. Seems like more reason for me to ditch this Asurion plan, given I'm paying $15/month, and it's only going to come in handy if I manage to destroy the phone.

Yeah, I am not sure what is going on, but I replaced my WSD Film with another and it lasted all of 3 weeks before it peeled again and I applied it the same way as before.

I know I have spoken against this SO MANY TIMES here and on Reddit and so forth, but right now, I am running my Fold 3 Naked on the inner screen.

All in all, as much as I LOVE this phone, after having it for more than a year, there is a chance I may just jump back to a bar phone and get a nice tablet for what I use the Fold for. I am still in the air on this though. :(

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I am not sure what is going on, but I replaced my WSD Film with another and it lasted all of 3 weeks before it peeled again and I applied it the same way as before.

I know I have spoken against this SO MANY TIMES here and on Reddit and so forth, but right now, I am running my Fold 3 Naked on the inner screen.

All in all, as much as I LOVE this phone, after having it for more than a year, there is a chance I may just jump back to a bar phone and get a nice tablet for what I use the Fold for. I am still in the air on this though. :(
Agreed, been running mine without an inner screen protector for a year now.

But also sometimes think of going back to a Samsung S22 ultra or wait on the s23 ultra.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

But also sometimes think of going back to a Samsung S22 ultra or wait on the s23 ultra.

I think I am going to see what the S23 has to offer since I am really in no hurry at all... Then again, I may be waiting for the Fold 5. Who knows!!! :D

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsumg is going to have to figure the screen protector issue out. You can't keep bending a sticky surface such as the screen protector and not expect it never to start coming off where it's always bending.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

A year with no inner screen protector? How's it holding up? I might go down that road with my Flip if the situation arises ;)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Samsumg is going to have to figure the screen protector issue out. You can't keep bending a sticky surface such as the screen protector and not expect it never to start coming off where it's always bending.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Yep they need to figure out a way to make the actual screen tough enough to not need a protector.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I saw an article where someone's Fold 3 died and they tried the Duo 2 from MSFT and said it's not really ready, but VERY CLOSE.

I have one here in a drawer, I might just dust it off and play with it. Not sure though. At least it has 12L now.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I saw an article where someone's Fold 3 died and they tried the Duo 2 from MSFT and said it's not really ready, but VERY CLOSE.

I have one here in a drawer, I might just dust it off and play with it. Not sure though. At least it has 12L now.
Let us know your experience.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I just took it out of the box and am charging it. Going to play with it on WiFi before I decide to swap SIMs (if I decide to do that). This is such a strange device for a "phone"...
I know, it is hard to take calls without ear buds or headset and very difficult to carry around.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just took it out of the box and am charging it. Going to play with it on WiFi before I decide to swap SIMs (if I decide to do that). This is such a strange device for a "phone"...
I have the original Duo. I like some aspects of it but being a long time SAMSUNG NOTE fan I missed Samsung notes software and integration with my Samsung laptop. So put it in the drawer and bought the z fold 3 last November. Still using my z fold. Every now and then I will pull out the Duo and use it in WiFi mode. The poor camera, odd shape, and missing Samsung software made me go back to Samsung. It is good for reading books though. If the z fold had integrated spen I don't think I would even consider any other phone. Durability does bother me a little on the z fold but I carry insurance for that reason.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there really is no comparison. After just a few hours of using it and actually going out and not being home with it, I put it away and am back on my Fold 3. I just can't with the DUO. It would be different if it had a front screen like the Fold where you could do things without having to open it and it is also most definitely a 2 had device. I can use my fold open or closed with one hand (most times when I do this open is when I am reading a book or watching a vid, but I can still turn pages and pause/play one handed open) and the Duo, there is no way. None. Not even with the huge mitts I have for hands.

Now, I am still keeping it on and using it as a Desk Companion so I don't have to grab my phone every time I get a message or something I can check via wifi without having to switch computers (My work machine has to be locked down because of security) and check stuff. As a daily driver phone, not for me.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, there really is no comparison. After just a few hours of using it and actually going out and not being home with it, I put it away and am back on my Fold 3. I just can't with the DUO. It would be different if it had a front screen like the Fold where you could do things without having to open it and it is also most definitely a 2 had device. I can use my fold open or closed with one hand (most times when I do this open is when I am reading a book or watching a vid, but I can still turn pages and pause/play one handed open) and the Duo, there is no way. None. Not even with the huge mitts I have for hands.

Now, I am still keeping it on and using it as a Desk Companion so I don't have to grab my phone every time I get a message or something I can check via wifi without having to switch computers (My work machine has to be locked down because of security) and check stuff. As a daily driver phone, not for me.
Agreed, me too.