Screen protector left sticky residue

okbkbal

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
My protector is coming up on edge, and it left a residue on my screen. How can I clean it? Is there a screen protector that clings but has no sticky residue? I scared to think what it will look like when I pull off the whole thing.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Rubbing alcohol will work just fine and does a good job getting rid of adhesive residue (and fingerprints) on the screen.

I would recommend applying it by dipping a cotton swab in the rubbing alcohol and then squeeze or blot most of it off before going at the corner of your screen.

If you are looking to remove the whole screen protector and want to get rid of that residue, you can skip the blotting and just start cleaning with the soaked swab from the center outward.

I can't help you with any screen protectors that don't use adhesive. The last I used them, I still had a Blackberry with a plastic screen.

Bookdog

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi illwood,Go to amazon.com and buy #hhiTosbaThrive101ScnMat. This is a anti-glare & anti-finger print screen protector. It's $4.99 plus about $3.00 postage. Does not use glue. The biggest hassel is to make sure that your screen is 100% dust free. If you can't all the air bubbles out the 1st time you can take it off and try again. The best tip on installing is use a large item to get the air bubbles out. Bookdog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85