Screen Protector Thread

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It sort of depends on the kind of surface you want. Some, like the Skinomi protectors are soft and don't get scratched, but have irregularities that make it not smooth; they require wet application and cover the entire screen. On the other hand, Realook and Halo protectors are hard, smooth, crystal clear and subject to damage from scratches; they aren't as flexible, and don't cover the entire screen, leaving the edges exposed. Pricing is about the same at $10-$15 on Amazon. I've used both, but prefer Halo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Marc Mielke

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using the DynaFlo Liquid Armor nanotech coating, which has gotten good reviews. It really doesn't feel like it's there at all, I'm a bit concerned that it's sort of "The Emperor's New Screen Protector", which of course I have no way of knowing until it is too late. It demands a lot of faith I don't really have; does anyone know whether this product works and/or some method of telling whether I applied it right? I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

So, anyway, I'm looking for a protector that someone who is impatient and all thumbs can apply: letting my tablet sit for 24 hours is not on--2 would kind of be pushing it!
Before the Nexus 7 I had a Kindle Fire. For that one I lucked into finding something called GreatShield EZSeal Plus, which just went on like a dream in seconds, had no bubbles, and just worked perfectly until it got stolen. Looking around, it seems they don't make one for the Nexus 7, and that even the Kindle one I had before seems to be out of production!

Anyone know of a similar product, or whether this GreatShield company still makes this. The EZSeal was my first experience applying a protector and spoiled me for anything that actually takes skill to apply.

Henry Tree

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Any uk members recommend a tried and tested screen protector for my nexus 7.
I just joined here today to ask the same question. I've bought Mediadevil Magicscreen which arrived today and my first attempt has been an expensive failure. I found it very difficult to correctly align it. They cost GBP 12.97 and the kit contains 2. I'm going to wait a few days before trying the second one.

mbalsaritchie

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I just joined here today to ask the same question. I've bought Mediadevil Magicscreen which arrived today and my first attempt has been an expensive failure. I found it very difficult to correctly align it. They cost GBP 12.97 and the kit contains 2. I'm going to wait a few days before trying the second one.
I opted for the Invisible shield in the end, and got it on with no bubbles or marks.