Screen protector

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have thought about this also. But.. i work with tools and paint and hardware, basically repair/handyman kinda stuff for H&M. I also constantly correspond with my immediate manager, and others like me in the field by txting or calling back and forth. Mostly txting. Sometimes my hands are blotched in paint, or some dirt. sometimes i just have to pick up the phone. I have a cheap Mercury case on my GNex and it occationallyl gets some paint on it that chips off and cleans up pretty easily.

But this phone... i'm a bit worried.

And with my job a screen protector just makes more sense. having that extra insurance.

But... is Gorilla glass 2 really that scratch resistant?

That totally makes sense then. In that environment you need more protection. My phone only has Gorilla Glass 1 and it is super strong and very scratch resistant. You can see all kinds of scratch tests on youtube. Keys and pocket change doesn't scratch it. I am still careful, but my screen is still in perfect shape.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Szabinger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about this also. But.. i work with tools and paint and hardware, basically repair/handyman kinda stuff for H&M. I also constantly correspond with my immediate manager, and others like me in the field by txting or calling back and forth. Mostly txting. Sometimes my hands are blotched in paint, or some dirt. sometimes i just have to pick up the phone. I have a cheap Mercury case on my GNex and it occationallyl gets some paint on it that chips off and cleans up pretty easily.

But this phone... i'm a bit worried.

And with my job a screen protector just makes more sense. having that extra insurance.

But... is Gorilla glass 2 really that scratch resistant?

I have a SGS I (i9000) and it has Gorilla Glass I. It's 2 years old, and there isnt a single scratch or anything like that on the screen. Altough, I'm gonna buy a full body protector for my N4, because of the back of the phone. A phone covered in glass is not a safety insurance. It can scratch or rupture anytime.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I already purchased screen protection as well. Four for the back, four for the front, but I think I will mainly use it for the back side only, since I don't want the glass to have direct contact with the surface when I lay it down somewhere.

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I recommend the SGP Ultra Crystal just because they have a dry installation vs pretty much all of the others where you risk damaging your phone from getting it wet. The only downside is that the material does tend to scratch easier than the "self healing" protectors, which is probably why they include 2 in the pack. Plus, it doesn't give you an orange peel effect or feel rubbery like all of the wet application protectors.

I'll probably go naked on the front and just get something for the back since I don't want to worry about setting it down and scratching it up. I've had 5 different phones with Gorilla glass and only 1 has been scratched. I generally keep a pocket dedicated for the phone but one day at work I was in a hurry and threw a metal pen in my pocket for about 15 mins, after I realized it I pulled the phone out and it had been tainted!! So yeah, Gorilla glass is scratch resistant; but that doesn't mean scratch proof.. :'(

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking for me, a bumper with front and rear screen protectors is the way to go. Are there any screen protectors that offer a clear film for the front ant back?

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking for me, a bumper with front and rear screen protectors is the way to go. Are there any screen protectors that offer a clear film for the front ant back?

Skinomi sells both front and back screen protectors. I bought a set on Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 4

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys just warning you, I normally love spigen because I don't like wet applications. But unfortunately the current form covers the proximity and light sensor, causing them to be very unpredictable. Not to mention it doesn't cover the entire glass screen, it leaves some of the edges unprotected. I would wait to get a spigen until these issues are resolved. Such a bummer...

hamish2

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys just warning you, I normally love spigen because I don't like wet applications. But unfortunately the current form covers the proximity and light sensor, causing them to be very unpredictable. Not to mention it doesn't cover the entire glass screen, it leaves some of the edges unprotected. I would wait to get a spigen until these issues are resolved. Such a bummer...

I had the same problem - spigen accepted return for a full refund, however they will not have corrected screen protectors for another 2-weeks... :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire