Screen Protector.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
If you're still within the return period on Amazon I would just maybe start a return with them with the reason that the product didn't work as described. Might be easier than dealing with the company.

Thx, I figured the same. After checking with Amazon they even have bubbles as a reason for return. Whitestone got back to me the next day but wanted pics for reference to decide what to do next - if I went with a warranty replacement I'd have to pay 16 bucks and even if they just give me a new screen protector I'd have to pay to ship the old one to them before they'll send it out.
It's much easier to just return it to Amazon and get an Amazon credit as soon as they get it.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Had great luck with the OTAO protector on my S8 so I ordered one again for my S9 and it's wonderful. Easy install, no dead spots, feels great.
Same here, I don't even try applying these because I'm so bad at it. But, I ordered the OTAO and decided to put out on myself when it got here. Went on straight with no bubbles, dead spots or lifting areas. Great product and great price ($12.99).

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
This one looks interesting especially since one of the cases I'm considering is the Caseology Skyfall Series Clear in Violet. One would think their screen protector would work well with their case. Not to mention $9.00 bucks to try it out is pretty great considering it is $29.99 on their website! https://www.caseologycases.com/prod...d-glass-screen-protector?variant=676641406992

After my failed attempt on the Whitestone dome (returning to Amazon bc the glue did not stay on the screen and actually travel down the plastic and glued my phone to the bottom tray) I had gotten this caseology screen protector and decided to throw it on...it's only been on for a day or so but so far it's staying put...did have sensitivity issues (none with the white stone) but if you turn up the sensitivity in settings the phone works so far as it should...not bad for a cheap protector can't say how long it'll stay on just yet

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I strongly believe that all these expensive brand tempered glass we buy in high prices are ALL made in China and the companies just put their package and sell them 20-30 times their original price.
So what I did is that I ordered 5 different from Ali Express that cost me total €12. In a few days I am receiving them and will try some to see the quality. I am Not going to bite the brands "trap" and pay so much.
Have a look at the link below

https://youtu.be/TnjvfX-4DcE

Last edited:

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I strongly believe that all these expensive brand tempered glass we buy in high prices are ALL made in China and the companies just put their package and sell them 20-30 times their original price.
So what I did is that I ordered 5 different from Ali Express that cost me total €12. In a few days I am receiving them and will try some to see the quality. I am Not going to bite the brands "trap" and pay so much.
Have a look at the link below

https://youtu.be/TnjvfX-4DcE

Idk about 20 - 30 times... I'd say maybe around 10x which is still high but for the convenience, extras/ease of installation(usually), quality & warranties(Some have good ones while others charge outrageous amounts for replacements) - Also, return ability if bought through Amazon is nice. All these make it worth it to me not to DIY.

Still interested in your results... please update.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Idk about 20 - 30 times... I'd say maybe around 10x which is still high but for the convenience, extras/ease of installation(usually), quality & warranties(Some have good ones while others charge outrageous amounts for replacements) - Also, return ability if bought through Amazon is nice. All these make it worth it to me not to DIY.

Still interested in your results... please update.

They are buying in bulk so price costs max €1-2 each. So here you are, you can make the maths.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
They are buying in bulk so price costs max €1-2 each. So here you are, you can make the maths.

So 1.25-2.50$ per if you're correct.
Let's take one of the most expensive tempered glass out, Whitestone Domed Glass, for an example - selling at 45$. There is packaging and advertising and you get the installation tray, UV light to cure, 2 LOCA tubes, 4 alcohol wipes, 2 cleaning cloths, and dust removal stickers along with the better quality tempered glass & any instructions(which still costs $ to print) along with a warranty.

Even in bulk all this would be close to $10 just for materials/packaging to put together and ship. This isn't including running a business(Warehousing, employees, website, etc.) They're not throwing a piece of glass in an envelope and sending it out as you suggest thinking they're paying 1.25-2.50$ and selling for 25-50$.

mtjtree

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Got my s9 on Sunday (lilac, woot), they only had the Zagg Elite in stock at the store. Hate it. It has a couple bubbles and it has a black border around the whole thing which falls right on the outside edge of the curve...WHY?! Why would I want to cut off the visible edge on a phone that is designed with an edge?! I don't want to leave it unprotected...considering returning the Zagg and going with the Whitestone, but it doesn't exactly get amazing reviews either. Bla. I would have chosen a flat screen if I could have. (Otherwise I want to marry the phone, just for the record...)

Iron_Wraith

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I had the Caseology tempered glass waiting for my S9+. Air gap caused sensitivity loss and added a reflectiveness. I just installed the Whitestone Dome an hour ago. So far it's flawless. Can't even tell it's on there for the most part. Glue stinks tho lol.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I’ve learned from s7 and s8+. I just can’t find a great screen protector for this curved screen so I just don’t use one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz