screen shuts off after turning it on

Trevor Rogers

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone experiencing an issue where the screen turns off after turning it on. This happens to me when using the tap or on button. When it happens it takes up to 5 or 6 tries before it will stay on. Sometimes it waits through half of the hidden lock code or all of it before shutting off.

Any tips to avoid or fix this would be great.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Is part of your hand hovering over the proximity/light sensor when you knock on? If so, that is a feature that prevents the phone from coming on inside backpacks, pockets, etc. At least, that was the idea behind it.

Edit: to clarify, some people might use their left thumb to tap the screen to knock on, meaning most of the rest of the hand is higher and more to the left and may inadvertently cover the light/proximity sensor, which if it detects something close by or low light, immediately shuts the device screen off.

allisonm95

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Is part of your hand hovering over the proximity/light sensor when you knock on? If so, that is a feature that prevents the phone from coming on inside backpacks, pockets, etc. At least, that was the idea behind it.

Edit: to clarify, some people might use their left thumb to tap the screen to knock on, meaning most of the rest of the hand is higher and more to the left and may inadvertently cover the light/proximity sensor, which if it detects something close by or low light, immediately shuts the device screen off.

I'm having this issue as well. Sometimes, the tap to wake feature won't respond at all but when I move to the power button, it'll turn on then turn itself off after a second or two. This comment definitely clears up a few instances when this happened, but it's also happened at times when my hand was nowhere near the sensor.

Posted via the Android Central App

sjp_prez

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue as well and only started when i purchased a FitBit, and turned on the bluetooth unlock option.... seemed like turning off the Bluetooth fixed the issue

Hope that helps

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's exactly the issue I've had before. I don't have problems with knock code because I don't use it, but I have had problems with the knock on feature. Knock on will stop responding and when I use the power button the screen immediately turns back off. The only way I've been able to fix it was to keep trying knock on until it can turn the screen on again and then it resumes normal function. It doesn't happen all the time, but maybe once a day. It's always knock on that causes the problem though.

I'm having this issue as well. Sometimes, the tap to wake feature won't respond at all but when I move to the power button, it'll turn on then turn itself off after a second or two. This comment definitely clears up a few instances when this happened, but it's also happened at times when my hand was nowhere near the sensor.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce