Sprint Galaxy S8 Screen Touch Sensitivity (Gloves)

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Do anyone know if and where the option is to either turn the "Screen Touch Sensitivity" option for gloves on or off?

I thought I remembered seeing it somewhere within the settings, but I just don't remember where.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try Settings/Controls. All the way at the bottom should be something to auto-adjust touch sensitivity.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
The only adjustment that deals with sensitivity I have seen is In Display Settings for the Navigation Bar (there is a slider that controls sensitivity for the Nav Bar only AFAIK).

Cheers,
BR

Emyv88

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm wondering the same. I have a protector screen which in turn I'm finding that I have to keep tapping icons, buttons, etc., before it reads what I'm trying to do. Very slow and annoying. I was hoping I could find a touch screen sensitivity setting, but no luck.

1CaliGirlnBmore

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm wondering the same. I have a protector screen which in turn I'm finding that I have to keep tapping icons, buttons, etc., before it reads what I'm trying to do. Very slow and annoying. I was hoping I could find a touch screen sensitivity setting, but no luck.

I'm having the same problem with the screen protector. Very frustrating. What did you do? I'm ready to take off the protector. :(

Emyv88

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately I found no setting that would fix it. Oddly enough I'm getting use to it. I thought the same about removing the protector. However knowing me, that would be the day my screen cracks lol
Maybe one day they will add an update with that feature.

Pranabesh Das

May 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having an S8+ and facing the same issue. It's very unresponsive to light touches and most of the time needs multiple taps to function properly.

No control settings found
:(

Edwardsyg

May 6, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately I found no setting that would fix it. Oddly enough I'm getting use to it. I thought the same about removing the protector. However knowing me, that would be the day my screen cracks lol
Maybe one day they will add an update with that feature.

I also feel I'm either getting used to it or the tempered glass protector has maybe softened or clever old bixby knows. Feels pretty normal and smooth after a few days.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind the sensitivity does not change the properties of how the touch screen works. It is made to react to the properties of skin. Some touch gloves replicate those properties but if they don't there is no setting to make it magically work.

akamaryk

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I just got my S8 yesterday and it's driving me crazy to have press so hard to type or open apps. I'm seriously considering taking it back. $40 for a screen saver that keeps you from utilizing one of the highest tech savvy phones ever made. Sad day.

refswife

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't agree that the home button sensitivity controls all touch. It's most likely your screen protector. I had a screen film protector installed at my local Verizon store after buying the phone. Afterwards It took 3 to 4 times pushing any of the keys to get them to work. I went back-and had them remove it and got my money back. While at Costco a few days later I stopped at the Verizon kiosk there and told them about my problem. He definitely said it was the film and told me they don't use it anymore. He recommended a product called "Qmadix Invisible First-Defense+ Liquid Glass - Screen Protector". Said it was the latest thing in screen protection and that I wouldn't even know anything was applied to my screen. He told me it doesn't affect the key sensitivity. It cost $40 which is the price that I paid for that stupid film protector. I dropped it off and came back in 15 minutes as he told me it needed time to cure once applied. I returned and the big test was to see how sensitive my keys were. Unbelievable!! Just like there was nothing on the screen. The protection comes with a lifetime warranty which you have to register online. I am one happy camper! I highly recommend this product!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen