Screen wakes after charging. Can't stop it?

slick1605

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Every day I wake up and my phones screen is on with the remove from charger notification. Is there a way to not have it wake up? I've been looking, maybe I'm missing something?

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but this may be a separate incident. I charge my face down, so perhaps that keeps the screen off, but I have yet to wake up with the screen on.. I'm going to try screen up tonight to see what happens.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your screen stay lit (charging upwards or downwards shouldn't matter)? I've seen that there's a message that pops up when your phone is fully charged; this is what wakes up the screen, but it should stay on for a brief period and then turn back off, leaving only the green LED light on.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's normal (and no setting to turn that off). I charge mine facing up, too, but I've seen the light of the screen come on even if it's down. It's just for a few seconds, but it's annoying IMHO, just like the screen turning itself on when getting an SMS...

ThePremier

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My phone does that as well. I wake up and the screen is still on for whatever reason. Does anyone know where in the settings this can be changed? Thanks.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I charge mine face up and the display time out and goes dark after battery full message

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

prley

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'll add my name to the list. I charge mine face up and after i plug it in the screen lights up. I push the power button to turn the screen off but when I wake up the screen is lit. The full charge wake up notification as surmized probably woke it up but the screen stays on. I too have the led on when charging set so maybe I'll try with that turned off.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The screen SHOULDN'T stay on... that's weird. I have mine with the LED on, and the screen lights up just for that brief period of time both upon plugging in and when it's fully charged. Unless you have a very long display off time or set to never.

droideran

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The screen only lights up when charging is complete and has already posted by other members, this is just for a short while. After some time the light goes off. It could be that you coincidentally happen to wake up anytime your Galaxy S4 displays the full charged notification after it finishes charging.

ThePremier

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't think that is the case otherwise the phone would take forever to charge for it to happen to be on when I wake up.

My phone may be anywhere from 20%-50% when I go to sleep around 11pm-12am I wake up for work around 7:15am and the screen is on. I doubt that it takes roughly 7 hours to charge back to 100% regardless of the state of the battery prior to sleeping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums