SD card cases?

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I've been looking at a deal at my local Walmart for a P6A that is only $200 with my carrier, and I would have snapped it up if it wasnt for the fact that it only has 128GB of storage and no SD card. Do SD card cases, that just work and support both fast file access and full speed charging, exist for this thing? The P6A looks so tempting cause it has a way better GPU than the best new Samsung I can afford, and my beloved S10 lite that has great hardware and an SD slot has seen better days and is not worth repairing so an upgrade is imminent. It seems incredibly stupid to me to be limited to 128GB of storage on such a powerful device, and using cloud storage as an alterbative is both incompatible with how I use my files (I need actual locally mounted storage, and fast storage at that), requires internet, and is also a privacy no-no for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi , the pixels are handicap with external storage but with a usb-c flash drive and solid explorer file manager I think you can move things around to usb-c drive .

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi , the pixels are handicap with external storage but with a usb-c flash drive and solid explorer file manager I think you can move things around to usb-c drive .
Yeah I am aware of that, I use USB drives all the time on my mobile devices. I guess I'll probably go for something else when upgrade time comes cause an SD card that is directly plugged into the phone at all times is a necessity. I'm a fair bit performance-focused when picking phones, but if I have to trade some performance for an SD card slot I gladly will. The only other feasible option would be 512GB or higher S23 series models, but those are way too expensive.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I am aware of that, I use USB drives all the time on my mobile devices. I guess I'll probably go for something else when upgrade time comes cause an SD card that is directly plugged into the phone at all times is a necessity. I'm a fair bit performance-focused when picking phones, but if I have to trade some performance for an SD card slot I gladly will. The only other feasible option would be 512GB or higher S23 series models, but those are way too expensive.
You checked out any Samsung midrange device?

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
You checked out any Samsung midrange device?
Yeah, looking at the A54 5G for $279. Has less RAM and somewhat weaker GPU than the S10 Lite but it actually has an SD slot unlike the Pixel. The S10 Lite's battery has its days numbered and the screen is absolutely ravaged by an incredible amount of burn-in (I'm a very heavy user and keep my screen full brightness cause PWM dimming bothers my eyes and ruins color quality) which is a very expensive fix that would cost more than any mid range phone from my carrier even if I DIY-ed it which I am capable of as I've fixed some phones before. I could get a used identical one for $132 in better condition but that's a battery gamble and also security updates are probably gonna go out soon too.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, looking at the A54 5G for $279. Has less RAM and somewhat weaker GPU than the S10 Lite but it actually has an SD slot unlike the Pixel. The S10 Lite's battery has its days numbered and the screen is absolutely ravaged by an incredible amount of burn-in (I'm a very heavy user and keep my screen full brightness cause PWM dimming bothers my eyes and ruins color quality) which is a very expensive fix that would cost more than any mid range phone from my carrier even if I DIY-ed it which I am capable of as I've fixed some phones before. I could get a used identical one for $132 in better condition but that's a battery gamble and also security updates are probably gonna go out soon too.
Yeah good points