SD Card Funny Business - cannot move files or make directory

imadroppa

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from a GNex to the M8 and am trying to transfer my music from A to B. I uploaded all my music on my GNex into Box, but when I try to move them from Box to the SD card on my M8, it says "The following items have not been pasted." I can't even create a new folder on the SD card just to store my music on. What's the deal with that?

I'm using the "File Manager" app. And would transferring the files by USB be more effective?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
KitKat uses the sd card differently than previous versions. You should be able to copy over usb. Is file manager a system app, or a third-party app? If third party then that could be why it doesn't work. Read here for more details

http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Why not switch to Google music? It can cache to the SD card and you can easily download a playlist or albums for offline listening.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright, thanks. File Manager is a third party app by Rhythm Software, and I've never had a problem with it before.

Were your previous devices on KitKat? Also please read the link I posted above.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what's the specific issue for you. I had no problem writing to my sd card with drag and drop and using isyncr to sync my music. I also created several folders during the process. I guess, apparently kitkat handles sd differently. Honestly I really can't tell as I'm using it as I've always done. Maybe they changed certain method of read/write?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flammiferous