SD card ruins battery life

latinking91

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that my SD card was ruining my battery life because even 5 minutes of using my phone it would tell me I have 4 hours left now that I took it out I'm getting 1 day and some hours back. I guess the SD card really slows the down the phone but hampers battery also. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via My Note 4

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Maybe its the type/brand of SD card you have? My 64GB is fine and I get almost 2 days of battery life.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my SD card was ruining my battery life because even 5 minutes of using my phone it would tell me I have 4 hours left now that I took it out I'm getting 1 day and some hours back. I guess the SD card really slows the down the phone but hampers battery also. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via My Note 4
Did you have any apps on your SD card?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was using the same SD card with KitKat that I am using with Lollipop, and my batter life went from, to not so good.

So, no, I don't think the SD card has anything to do with it.

latinking91

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
So it's probably lollipop then and hopefully 5.1.1 fixes this issue. I just know when I had my SD card in, it slowed down my phone and hindered my battery life and now that I took it out its functioning normal again.

Posted via My Note 4

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Posted via My Note 4

I have a 64gb card no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
What brand are you using? I have absolutely no issues with my micro sd card i have the samsung card 64gb. I have a feeling that it's your card that is culprit. I used adata it died on my one day and I read on a bunch of forums that other brands tends to fail eventually but with the Samsung it seems to work perfect. Typical Samsung screwing with other brands lol

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree with the op. I have a Samsung Evo 32gb card. I average 3 1/2 -4 hrs of SOT and as soon as I put in my sd card I'm lucky to get 1 - 2 hrs SOT.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have apps that run on your SD Card? If you do, then I would guess removing the SD card is also removing an app or apps. The apps maybe what is using the battery.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Posted via My Note 4

No it doesn't...lol...

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Right so its either your card, what you put on it or something that a piece of software that you have installed is doing once the card is inserted that causes your perceived battery drain.

Clearly if additional components are added more power drain will occur, hard to argue against that but to have severely reduced battery life simply by using a microSD card is unlikely. Certainly not a 50% reduction in screen on time.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Brian Gill

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Yes. Using a larger sd card will drain the battery in your phone. Speak from experience, had one in a galaxy 2 and wouldn't even hold a charge. The min i went to a smaller size, battery life went back to normal

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy