sd cards

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
im going to be be coming to an inspire from an iphone and ive never had to worry about external memory. what card is the best for phones?

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
just ordered the 32gb card from amazon. 2 weeks till delivery though!

Just RMA'd my Patriot 32 GB Class 10 because of the problems it had with android devices, including my friends Droid X.

Will order the Lexar when it is in stock and ready to ship on amazon.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't skimp on these flash drives, the cheaper lower rated ones are very very very slow. Had a really bad experience on my nexus one with one that i thought was good, but 2 minutes to transfer a file the size of an mp3? LOL

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
:eek:DON'T BUY THAT!!!! Its only class 2!!! Try to buy a class 6 at the least or a class 10 preferably.

I'm not looking for super fast data transfer rates or anything. It will be loaded with music ONCE. I won't be saving stuff to it, aside form the music that I will load onto it. I'm not concerned with data transfer or data write speeds.

All of the testing done by the reviewers, was done with the same 8GB card by Samsung in all the Inspires. And guess what? It's a Class 2.

I got a great deal on this. Being able to write 4mb/s faster isn't going to cause me to lose any sleep at night. The reviews it's got are solid.

Last edited:

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not looking for super fast data transfer rates or anything. It will be loaded with music ONCE. I won't be saving stuff to it, aside form the music that I will load onto it. I'm not concerned with data transfer or data write speeds.

All of the testing done by the reviewers, was done with the same 8GB card by Samsung in all the Inspires. And guess what? It's a Class 2.

I got a great deal on this. Being able to write 4mb/s faster isn't going to cause me to lose any sleep at night. The reviews it's got are solid.

If you try to watch HD content saved on the flash drive, be warned, choppyness may ensue...:eek:

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Upon further review... it's benching at close to 6MBps write according to H2Testw. Writing at 5.40MBps right now. I'm gonna guess I got one of the lucky mislabeled Class 2 chips.

Even so... I'm not worried about it. I won't be putting any HD content on the flash drive. 27GB of music is going on there. That's all.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
What are the so-called "best brands" for micro SDHC cards? I have 2 PNY SDHC cards which has fared very well, but since this is going in a phone and used on a daily basis, I like to get a good brand at a good cost if possible.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If you click on the link that Loiselle posted, notice next to SanDisk there is a 2 inside of a C... this is a class 2 card. I would hesitate to go lower than a class 4, but that's just me. Some newer phones (Not all and usaually not HTC) have trouble mounting anything less that a 4.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If you try to watch HD content saved on the flash drive, be warned, choppyness may ensue...:eek:

Exactly!!

Even using the built in HD video recording will be a problem if you put a crappy class 2 card in, It's not designed for fast enough read/write to support anything HD.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with my 16gb sandisk class 2.

Does the job well.
Sometimes, it will unmount but that has happened maybe four times in a year.

Would I use a class 2 in my DSLRs?
No, but for phones, it really is insignificant IMHO until you get larger cards like 64gb, etc. But I also think they drain the battery (phone has to scan the card when accessing it) and having so much data on one card is a bad idea.

amy78c

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
WOW thanks for all the info on the SD cards .. Ive only used BB and iPhones and never knew different SD cards would matter !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aerogurl