Security for the EVO

BMW81

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing more and more that malware and other security risks are becoming more and more common with mobile phones. So my question is, which would you recommend I get to 'protect' my EVO..Or if this is not a big issue and should not have to worry about it.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I use Lookout and like how it scans every app that I install. A lot of the malware you read about are from non-Google market. Those sites don't have any security procedure to help protect the user and why would they if they pass off paid apps for free.

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You should be safe for now! that may change. I would, if I were you & concerned, stick with Market apps only and just be carefull what you install, even from the Market, some apps are....not good! to put it mildly. Download from trusted developers, read the app description carefully, read & question what permissions it requires, if you are not sure about something in the app then don't install it & also check for spelling mistakes in the app description, easy giveway if the app is coming from somewhere else than where it's says it's coming from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61