Security policy update issue - help required

alp_renx

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. You can do that. But what about that safety update? Don't you wanna wan't that?

Well, thats kind of the problem we are facing here isnt it, it wont update !! Just a pain in the bottoms notice.
Once this issue is solved at Samsung it can be reactivated to startup.

esteghlal59

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am in Sweden, and I have a notification for a Security policy update. I click / select to update and have two options cancel or confirm. I select confirm and it says connecting to server but it fails with error message "update failed due to network issues". I have this problem since 45 days.

Busse

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this will work for everyone else but up until today I had the same issue. I went to Settings > Applications > All > Security Update and hit clear data. Instantly the update prompt came back and when I hit confirm this time it worked.

Hope it works for some others!

kevsmart

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this will work for everyone else but up until today I had the same issue. I went to Settings > Applications > All > Security Update and hit clear data. Instantly the update prompt came back and when I hit confirm this time it worked.

Hope it works for some others!

This worked for me, thanks for the suggestion!

kelkazar

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Was having the same problem with my galaxy s5, same fix worked. Although you need to go into settings, applications, application manager, all, security policy updates, to clear the data.

Adam Walder

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I also have been suffering this issue for about 2 weeks and so have a few friends of mine so it is far from being an isolated case!

Added to that I get "Samsung account update" messages - click on it and nothing happens at all. That is until I get exactly the same message a day later.

Jose Munoz4

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I need HELP I NEEN RESET 10 time not even work..... keep say unable to connect to camera,Camera has been disabled because of security policies or is being used by other apps!!!! What is thAt? I bough phone 2 day later I click camera NOT WORK!!! HELP!!! How can I fix it?????

Last edited:

Michellecares

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
This fixed my problem. Kept telling me that it wouldn't connect to server. I got this off androidcentral.com
The Fix:
Go to Settings, More, Applications Manager, and tap the All tab
Scroll down and tap on Security Policy Update
Press Force Quit
Press Clear Data
Power off your phone
Remove the battery and wait at least 31 seconds (don’t skimp here!)
Re-insert your battery and power your phone back on

Sheila Cotton

May 2, 2016
Visit site
OH Boy.....I did all the above and all the above in many forums..got Samsung troubleshoot over a chat factory reset 3 times...safe mode...tried all the cashe deletes data deletes ect...so the only thing that I could figure out was under settings...security....clear all certificates was greyed out so I could not do that...then under security ..trusted credentials..display all certificates I find about 100 certificates and have to disable each one...then I did the hold volumn button with power button together and get the black screen to reboot the phone...after 2 weeks and hours of frustration I felt like I had my first baby..cause my camera and my flash was WORKING! Oh joy and bliss

Krgoode50

May 11, 2016
Visit site
This Is the Reply from the Samsung Forum on the s4 Security Policy Update

We are currently upgrading Security Enhancements for Android which will check apps for malicious code and security risks. However some customers appear to be experiencing a connection issue with the upgrade server which we are investigating.

Please be assured that there is nothing to be concerned about and we are working on resolving the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky