Seeking ad-free way to seperate ring/notification volume android 10

J_T_Pirate

Oct 30, 2020
Visit site
First some relevant info:
Phone is Ulefone Armor 9 running Android 10

Sound settings by default do not have "notifications" slider. Only options are media/call/ring/alarm volume.
I have installed "Volume Manager" by bytehamster which give me additional sliders for notification and system. Good thing. These extra sliders are locked in with the ring volume slider, essentially meaning that they do nothing. Not so good thing.

My research so far has, from many sources that Google search kindly provided, informed me that an app called "Sound Butler" will be the solution to all my woes. Google Play had other ideas, the app does not seem to be available.

Further research seems to suggest that it is the phone manufacturer that decides if this option will be available. I took it for granted with my previous phone (Samsung S7 edge) as it seemed to be a rather important function. Due to the design features of the new phone, I have ended up having to completely silence the phone to avoid very loud interruptions.

Any help with the matter would be appreciated. If anyone knows someone working for android and can raise an eyebrow, or even engage in some stern finger wagging, in their direction it would be appreciated even more.

Thanks muchly.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe the information you found regarding this be a manufacturing decision is the correct information in this case unfortunately. If it were an option I believe you would have had it straight away. This also explains why the app you tried did not work. I feel the other app would fail also and the only way in this case an app could work would be if it were able to tell the difference of a notification and a call then adjust the volume accordingly. This brings to mind an app that could possibly help based on the criteria...

Tasker is a paid app that automates your phone to do all kinds of things in a logic based format. If, And, Or statements. You could set the ringtone volume to which ever you prefer, for instance set the ringtone for volume you want notifications on the device, with the device controls. Then in Tasker, tell it IF a call comes in increase the volume to 100% for 1 minute. Calls don't ring for longer than 30 seconds or so and volume would return to 70% or whatever. You can also have Tasker adjust the volume based on location, time of day, day of the week, the date, screen on or off, if an app is open or any combination of things. It does take some learning and it is way overkill for this one small task but I guess it depends on how much you want it and how important it is to you. You may even find other uses for it. Also being a paid app there are no ads.

It is on the Play Store and hopefully available and compatible with your device. There used to be a try it free download at tasker.com. I think it was 15 days. If you try it and decide to buy it, don't buy it online, get it from the Play Store. There's a lot of hassle trying to update it if you buy it online and the Play Store makes it easy.

I don't see any other way you can separate the two without them being separated already.