Question Any way to permanently deactivate "do not disturb" / volume off / airplane mode

Cre8aDeb8

May 24, 2024
Visit site
Is there an app or setting I can activate so that "do not disturb" NEVER turns on? Is there a way I can set my ringer and notification volume NEVER to be off? Is there a way I can have my phone keep notifying me that I got a text until I look at it? Is there an app I can download, that will help me know if someone else is monitoring my phone or making adjustments to my settings? Am I the only one with these problems? This always happens to me.....there is always some setting adjustment changed, never intentionally by me, so that I don't hear alarms or get important calls or texts. If my boss or someone important calls or texts I dont see it until way later because "do not disturb" is randomly on, or the ringer or notification volume is randomly all the way down or airplane mode is randomly on....or some other stupid reason... Same thing happens whenever I set an alarm, some adjustments always gets made so that it doesn't go off. Is there anyway I can set for these things not to be activated or adjustable without a password and/or fingerprint and/or 2 forms of ID verification? Is there a way to know if someone else has remote access to my phone? Thank you for any help of suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! These are not things that would make me suspect someone has remote access to your phone. As long as you follow common sense guidelines, it's actually pretty hard for anyone to hack your phone (see these: “I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com and [GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com)

First, go to your Do Not Disturb settings and make sure no schedules are set (e.g., during sleeping hours). If you're certain no schedules have been set, then it's most likely that the Quick Setting toggles are inadvertently being brought down, and one of those buttons (like Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode) is being accidentally tapped. This can happen while you think the phone is idle and in your hand (and you're not looking at it), or while the phone is in a pocket. This kind of thing has happened to me, so it's not unusual.

If this is happening to you frequently, and you're unable to make it less frequent by altering how you handle your phone, then you could try editing which Quick Settings buttons are available on the main swipedown panel such that DND and Airplane Mode are not readily available. You might even be able to remove all Quick Settings buttons, but I've never tried that -- the phone might require you to have a minimum number of buttons to be present.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there an app or setting I can activate so that "do not disturb" NEVER turns on? Is there a way I can set my ringer and notification volume NEVER to be off? Is there a way I can have my phone keep notifying me that I got a text until I look at it? Is there an app I can download, that will help me know if someone else is monitoring my phone or making adjustments to my settings? Am I the only one with these problems? This always happens to me.....there is always some setting adjustment changed, never intentionally by me, so that I don't hear alarms or get important calls or texts. If my boss or someone important calls or texts I dont see it until way later because "do not disturb" is randomly on, or the ringer or notification volume is randomly all the way down or airplane mode is randomly on....or some other stupid reason... Same thing happens whenever I set an alarm, some adjustments always gets made so that it doesn't go off. Is there anyway I can set for these things not to be activated or adjustable without a password and/or fingerprint and/or 2 forms of ID verification? Is there a way to know if someone else has remote access to my phone? Thank you for any help of suggestions.
Which device do you have ?
Sometimes Android can be complicated with the options and menus it gives you , I always recommend an iPhone for those that don't want to fiddle with all these things .

Cre8aDeb8

May 24, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! These are not things that would make me suspect someone has remote access to your phone. As long as you follow common sense guidelines, it's actually pretty hard for anyone to hack your phone (see these: “I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com and [GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com)

First, go to your Do Not Disturb settings and make sure no schedules are set (e.g., during sleeping hours). If you're certain no schedules have been set, then it's most likely that the Quick Setting toggles are inadvertently being brought down, and one of those buttons (like Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode) is being accidentally tapped. This can happen while you think the phone is idle and in your hand (and you're not looking at it), or while the phone is in a pocket. This kind of thing has happened to me, so it's not unusual.

If this is happening to you frequently, and you're unable to make it less frequent by altering how you handle your phone, then you could try editing which Quick Settings buttons are available on the main swipedown panel such that DND and Airplane Mode are not readily available. You might even be able to remove all Quick Settings buttons, but I've never tried that -- the phone might require you to have a minimum number of buttons to be present.
I didn't realize I could remove the quick settings buttons. That's awesome! I'll do that. Thanks a lot

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson