Seidio 3800MAH for LTE GNEX

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I may be ugly, but I'm looking to get this bad boy for full day usage with no limitations. For instance, while out on the golf course using a golf gps app or out on the slopes snowboarding all day. I'll wait for some user reviews to come out before jumping in... :cool:

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Reminds ne of my first motorola startac flip with tge extended battery. Honestly, I couldn't imagine carrying my GN with that on its back. Current extended batt gets me through 8 hours of fairly heavy use and i can always plug it in here ot there.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ordered with 2 day shipping!

Use FB10 for 10% off....

I had the extended battery on my nexus S, lasted forrrrrrrrrrrrrever. I get good battery out of my galaxy nexus, a full work-day, but its so nice to have when I travel.

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Ordered one last night too... didn't have the 10% off coupon though :-(. I got it for mostly travels too... the current Samsung extended battery lasts me for a day on my normal usage too.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
That's ridiculous....BUT for the guy/gal who is a power user and on the go this is a must. For me the spare 2100mh battery in my pocket as back up will suffice

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
bacy38ssgnl-bk-6.jpg

ITZ NAHT a TUMAH

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday and will post my battery life after a few charge cycles (it is lasting much longer already). I like the weight, but it does look like a different phone with the back; at least it still fits in my jean pocket.

Last edited:

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com
I got mine yesterday and will post my battery life after a few charge cycles (it is lasting much longer already). I like the weight, but it does look like a different phone with the back; at least it still fits in my jean pocket.

I look forward to that.

Does it change the sleek and delicate look of the phone? Yeah, it does. But does it significantly increase the life of the phone over the course of a day or two? That is what is more important to me. I deal with enough gear in my pockets and electronics on a daily basis so if I can get rid of carrying around an extra battery and having to stop to change it out then I might have to pick one up.

Although there is one factor that does matter - it does have to fit in the pocket still, but I don't see that as being as much of a problem...armbands for the phone is another story.:p

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
My first impressions of Seidio 's Innocell 3800mAh Super Extended Life Battery with back door for the Galaxy Nexus LTE... I will comment on the battery life after 3 charge cycles.

The matted back door feels nice to the touch, really nice, almost like the rubber/plastic on the Motorola Droid's (I hate shiny plastic). The extra weight and the protusion/extra thickness actually make the phone easier to hold with one hand. The back door sits nicely on my palm, and less slippery now. I sorta feel like I was holding the HTC EVO. The back door fits perfectly, no gaps. The phone still sits flat on the table. The phone is thicker now, but not quite double. Yes, it still fits in my jean pockets comfortably.

Now, the negatives... I wish the door was grey instead of black like the Nexus. I do not care for the Seidio logo. There is a wasted space in the door. Seidio should have made a flatter battery and put some cells in the empty space around the camera instead of leaving it as empty air. If they had done this, I bet they could have minimize the thickness by half. The battery back cover does take away the sleek look of the phone.

In summary, I feel like it looks better in real life than the stock pictures online, but yes the sleekness of the phone is gone. The phone is also better to handle now. If I can get two days with medium usage out of it, I am planning on keeping it on as my main battery. I had a Bionic with an extended battery before, and the extra cells make my day so much better not having to worry about running out of juice (2 days easily). I am still on the first charge cycle, but it appears it will last me two days, based on the percentage (4G/GPS on, wifi/bluetooth off). Will keep you posted in a few days.

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com
My first impressions of Seidio 's Innocell 3800mAh Super Extended Life Battery with back door for the Galaxy Nexus LTE... I will comment on the battery life after 3 charge cycles.

So far it sounds like it might be a winner for those of us who travel a lot, or are not regularly near an outlet.

It will be interesting to read your impressions after a few cycles. I hope with the continued review you will let us know what kind of usage and how much (how often 4G, wifi, bluetooth, etc. was used).

Thanks for the info so far!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to have a blackberry bold 9650 with a seidio extended. By leaving the battery cover off and cutting away part of the gel on the otterbox commuter case I was able to have the extended battery and the otterbox work together. Kind of a stealth extended mod.
I'm wondering if the same thing could be done with this battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick