Seidio Innocase Surface and Rugged Combo

jyoung

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased the Seidio Innocase Surface/Rugged Combo Value Pack for my Droid X and am very pleased with it. I am a firefighter and as soon as I saw the package with the firefighter label I figured well heck it has to be for me right?

I really like the fact that this set up is essentially 2 cases in one. The Innocase surface which fits very well and is substantial (more substantial than the VZW snap on case and holster) as far as quality, without being too bulky. Of course cases add bulk and you should not expect for any case to protect your device and not add a little thickness to it. If you require further protection, as I do then you simply install the added rubberized protection of the rugged skin along with the "Skeleton" retaining clip.

With the value pack you also get 2 holsters one for the Surface skin and one for the added rugged skin. Additionally you get the ultimate screen guard which is better that the VZW screen guards and there is no orange peel effect as with the Zagg Invisible Shield. Great screen protection.

I am very pleased with the feel and texture, fit and finish of both skins.

The only thing that I would have like to have seen was some protection of the buttons at the bottom of the screen on my Droid X. I had an Otterbox case for my Storm 1 (please keep the storm comments to yourselves, I realized I made a mistake in November of 2008) and was very pleased with its protection of the buttons and the "built-in" screen protection.

The $70 price tag for the Combo Value pack may be a little steep for some but I felt it was very worth it. Without seeing the competitor to this case (Otterbox Defender) I can say that this Seidio case is the best out there for extreme protection and not to mention you get 2 cases in one which is fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: griff7774

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Seidio Innocase Surface/Rugged Combo Pack for my Droid X for about 2 weeks now. Zagg screen cover but not on the body. I am in law enforcement and have integrated the Droid into arsenal of techno-tools. The Droid is invaluable.

The Seidio case combo is perfect and offers the best protection for active environments. Be advised the case combo will dramatically increase the space occupied by the Droid. The protection will eliminate the "slim line" aspect of the Droid X. For me that was not a problem but for some who want the phone to slide into smaller pockets - that is not going to happen anymore with the inner case, rubber sleeve and outer skeleton on the phone.

The belt clip IMO does not compliment professional dress attire. Even if canted at an angle the setup will bump into things, especially getting in and out of a vehicle on a regular basis. With the cases applied, the phone becomes a hindrance when climbing in and out of a vehicle. I knew it was going to be a problem and stopped wearing the belt clip for a while. However, tonight I went to a dinner and wore the belt clip. When sitting back inside my front driver's seat the bottom of the belt clip caught the edge of the back rest. The plastic clip and clip case were immediately snapped apart. Only two small sleeves with a pin through then marry the clip and clip case together. My phone went tumbling onto the pavement quite hard and bounced across the parking lot. Good news was the case protected my Droid very well. No damage to the phone that I have found other than a good rattling. I am hoping Seidio will have mercy and exchange the belt clip case for a new one being that the combo was rather pricey and the actual belt clip case housing is entirely plastic.

The case for the phone is great. But the belt clip portion is very bulky by virtue of the size of the case. The problem emanates from the real estate of the phone by virtue of its screen size. I don't fault Seidio for doing its best to accommodate the phone. I would definitely suggest a sturdier apparatus that marries the clip and the belt clip case. IMO it came apart much too easily.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The seidio rep browses these boards on occasion. If not hit them up for a replacement, my silicon outer skin of my rugged case tore, and they are sending me a replacement.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Bond32,

I called Seidio today and they had me complete a form online to request a warranty replacement.
If Seidio does in fact give me a warranty replacement I'll be their biggest fan in this forum.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
***UPDATE***

Shortly after I filed my replacement claim, I received a survey from Seidio asking about my experience with my rugged holster combo. I mentioned the holster breaking and filing the claim. Jennifer Yang immediately emailed me back, indicated she had personally checked on my claim, and I would be getting a new holster with prepaid postage to mail back the broken one.

I am VERY impressed with Seidio and its impeccable customer care practices. It's not often a company gives this level of service for accessory items. I strongly recommend forum members to patronize Seidio for your Droid X accessory needs if you desire a company that will back its products and who cares about customer satisfaction.

buzzbarto

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
How long did it take to receive your order from Sedio? I ordered a rugged combo on the 1st and was just wondering when I should expect it.

buzzbarto

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Awsome so far. Keeping dust off the screen shield was a booger. Ended up taking it to the bathroom and using the steam method to keep the dust down, then tape to remove any specs that were already there. Turned out perfect. The naked screen resists fingerprints and smudges much better, but, I need the added protection so it's a trade off I guess. A co-worker asked me what caliber my sidearm was, so yeah, it is a bit bulky and looks like some sort of self defense equipment. But if you need protection for your phone, this is definitely going to work. It's not so bulky that I can't get in and out of my office chair with it in the holster and clipped into my pocket. I'm fairly wide at the waist and use a standard width office chair. Definitely worth the money.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
***UPDATE***

Received my replacement holster in the mail yesterday with prepaid postage sticker to return the broken holster. I removed the new holster, packaged up the broken one, and just got back from sending off during my lunch break.

Thank you Seidio! Your customer support is A #1 with me.

Buzzbarto, your assessment is spot on with mine. I simply won't wear the holster in professional attire. If I have to, I definitely will remove it when getting in and out of the car. I definitely suggest you put some screen protection on your phone. The Zagg Invisi shield is on mine. The screen is durable but it will get minor scratches over time that will eventually become manifest in patches that will become noticeable. The Zagg shield will also make your screen far more crack resistant.

Reactions: griff7774

griff7774

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
this thread has been very helpful for I'm too am a firefighter and looking in protecting my future investment. ggreat info

psantos

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Seidio Rugged case combo

I've had my case for about a week now and love it! Awesome protection! I'm also a firefighter and have no worries about my phone when I go on calls. Seidio makes great products! I had one for my blackberry, before I got my incredible X, and would reccommend their products to anyone.

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I shouldn't of posted, I broke the clip of my seidio holster.

Sent from my DROIDX

Wondering if Seidio was helpful at all in possibly replacing your holster. I did see in a review that the clip on the holster seemed to be a weak point. I'm a police officer and am planning on putting the rugged holster on my duty belt where my otterbox one is now. Was it the rugged holster that broke or the surface holster that broke?

Thanks!

james2442

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
i have the seidio rugged too. Just got it two days ago. Be careful when removing and re-installing the rubber protector. Mine tore right next the the charging port. It's only the second time I had it off. I guess maybe I was to rough with it?

Edit. Seidioonline replaced my torn case. Very promptly and without a fuss. All through email.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe