Sense reboots solution?

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My wifes evo started the sense reboots last summer. Got worse and worse till we had Sprint send a replacement phone. My evo never had any issues. Well the sense reboots started a couple months ago. Probably with gingerbread. They were getting progressively worse, from once a week to several times a day. Reading around the boards I decided to try a launcher app. Went with go launcher. At first it seemed pretty vanilla but had no reboot issues. After a little customization, especially the trasition effects and finding replacement widgets in the market, it is a winner. Installed last Friday and it's Tuesday with 0 reboots and loving it. Seems so obvious the problem is in sense, can't understand why they can't fix it. For what it's worth. Bob

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
no problems here after hard reset and manual re-sync/re-install (not backup app restore). then uncheck "fast boot".

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
That got me a little extra time Gekko. Didn't work at all on my wifes. The reboot became continuous using all 3 hard reboot methods. 4 days with no issues so far on mine. Fingers crossed. I like this phone.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I solved my Sense problem by rooting my phone and going ASOP. I'm not a fan of sense becasue it slows the phone down to much.

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i too went the GoLauncherEX route a couple of months ago. i was hesistant to use another launcher besides sense, but it was the best thing i've done regarding this phone (next to getting the extended battery). no reboots since, and highly customizable. love it.

batmanxgr

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That's why HTC will not fix it. People think a hard reset and a reinstall solves the problem and it doesn't. People do different things on their phones. I found having low amount (less than 120mb) of internal storage, surfing the internet alot and going in and out of to many apps reset sense UI.

Only thing to do is root your phone or restart your phone once a week or every two weeks.

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have 134 right now. Had over 175 that I cleared up to try and help the problem and that didn't help for me. Like I said before it starts pretty vanilla but a little time spent customizing and it looks better than sense. The good news is it's free and it takes about 30 seconds to switch back to sense at any time. You don't lose your screens or settings. Bob

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Sense is a terrible memory I try to forget about....GoLauncher is the way to go...over 4 months with no reboots, everything is customizable and uses very little resources. I love HTC, but they should take a few tips from the Go team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48