Serious battery draining on 4.3

LauraBunnyyy

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

After updating my phone to 4.3 I find I am having to charge my phone up to 5 times a day! I also have to carry round a wireless charger and a spare wall charger with me at all times as my phone will die whilst I am at work for sometimes as little as 5 hours, bare in mind I won't even use it for 4 hours of that time.

I have wifi disabled when I am not at home, and have no apps running in the background. I also have a battery saver app. But it is still draining sooo fast. It's ridiculous!
When it gets down to about 20%, the screen flickers and I lose all signal and it's basically useless until I can charge it.

Any suggestion on what I can do? As this is very silly and I am not always near a plug to charge!
Many thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd start with a Factory Reset (after backing up your important information of course) along with wiping the system cache in Recovery mode.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

fesouza

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello Laura,
Try to leave your S3 for a couple of hours disconnected (no wifi and no mobile data) and see if the battery drain is reduced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wmblalock86