SERIOUS HTC EVO 4G FLAW DISCOVERED! Charge FAILS via USB

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So I picked up my replacement evo for this issue yesterday, and I got home to discover that I still had the same problem. Turns out my htc cable had probably failed me. And from all the wiggling and what not I was doing with my old evo, the usb port eventually failed.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had my EVO since it first launched and haven't had any issues. I doubt this is a serious flaw you've discovered but more of a defect for your particular phone. Just like everyone else has mentioned, warranties are there for a reason.

Same here... I have had my EVO since launch and no problems at all with the charging port via the provided micro USB cable. I don't think this is a wide spread problem.

airportcabbie

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also don't think this is real widespread.
To the OP make a backup of all your data before you do a hard reset. I use "My Backup Pro". This backs up just about everything on the phone to the sd card. From contacts to phone settings to applications, all of your sms and mms messages, this thing even backs up your call log. When that's done, go to your homescreen press menu,
settings,
sd & phone storage,
factory data reset.
When that's done, check your port to see if it's working if it is then it IS a software issue and you should reinstall your applications ONE AT A TIME checking the port's functionality each time. Hope this helps, post back and let us know how things work out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44