Seriously Considering the New Small Apple Phone

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of envious of the physical Apple Store experience.

If I were to switch to iOS, it would be to the SE, not the 6S.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

I never understood this. You mean to say in the US there are no physical Samsung Concept Stores? There's one in every mall in my country.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I never understood this. You mean to say in the US there are no physical Samsung Concept Stores? There's one in every mall in my country.

In the US, Apple is the only smartphone manufacturer that has it's own physical presence where a customer can go to have devices serviced.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
In the US, Apple is the only smartphone manufacturer that has it's own physical presence where a customer can go to have devices serviced.

Yep... this and efficient iOS deployments are the major advantage to the apple ecosystem (at least in the US). I have had nothing but positive results from their in-store "genius bar" service. That included an $1150 repair bill for a macbook pro (company machine, not mine). When it came time to upgrade my wife (avery basic simplistic user)... without hesitation the 6S+ was the unanimous choice. Post sale service was a big part of the decision.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Apple wins in the service department in the US by far. It's the only option if that's what you're looking for. I also wish more manufacturers would look into smaller flagship phones. It's good to have options. The smaller phones are always hampered by something, it seems.

I also laugh at the people who are hating on iOS because it doesn't work for them - like people who like it are dumb and simple. No, people who like and use iOS are not dumb or simple. Just like you aren't dumb for liking what you like. Use what works best for you. Not what someone in a forum thinks you should use.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I dont think there is any reason to have a small phone today

well... small and small... i have 6s+ but it is way too big - mostly because it has huge bezels. im thinking about getting smaller one and waiting to see what iphone7 offers.. i bought plus instead of regular because of the battery and the ois in the cam. but, oh boy, these bezels makes it huge! (especially long) with iphone there is a real reason to consider the smaller one until apple makes their phones shorter..

PurpleDragon

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
I was a long-time user of iPhone 4s, but when Apple announced large-screen models I happily jumped a wagon and got biggest screen iPhone 7+. It felt very unusual to hold at the beginning after having a small screen iPhone, but eventually I got used to this kind of size. Recently I took iPhone SE and it felt so small and nice in my hand that I decided to try it for a week. It was nice to hold and easy to put into any pocket, but the screen felt too small - for example, when I tried to read CNN news - it was almost unreadable despite retina display. So I returned back to my iPhone 7+.

So my conclusion is what you are using your phone. If it is just basic tasks like phoning and may be chatting then small screen is fine. However, things like reading web-sites or any other complex visual tasks definitely need bigger screen. I assume that's why Apple still offers from smallest models iPhone SE to largest iPhone X.