Seriously?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody actually gotten a case for this thing yet? I have ordered 3 of them, and it goes "We'll ship it in 3 days...oops, slight delay...slight delay...cancelled". iBLASON just sent me a "delay" email and I asked them if they're going to cancel it next, which will make the THIRD case I've ordered, and wound up having cancelled.

So, does anybody actually have a case for these things yet? I'm not going to spend $40.00+ for a case, for a $250.00 device. I just need a cheap case.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Have had my i-Blason case for almost a week.
Check the main cases thread for the pics.
The cases are trickling out, China is cranking them out as fast as possible.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

I looked at those...shoulda' ordered them both. I've never had 2 different shipments cancel, and a third get delayed. I guess I'll see how long this delay is. How long from order time to ship time was it? I'm curious in case I go with that MoKo one...I have the S-Line case on my HTC One...Nice little case for $5.00.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
How's the fit (and quality) of the s-line tpu? I'm not all that picky, just hope it fits snuggly, and has some grip. I suspect only the shiny part has any grip.

Posted via Android Central App

stevekt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the shiny part is particularly grippy but the opaque areas are good also. The cover is knurled along the sides so it is very easy to hold one-handed. The fit is good, all the openings line up.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Wasn't aware that the sides are knurled, but then again seller is showing a 2012 nexus in pictures.

Posted via Android Central App

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
ros
Has anybody actually gotten a case for this thing yet? I have ordered 3 of them, and it goes "We'll ship it in 3 days...oops, slight delay...slight delay...cancelled". iBLASON just sent me a "delay" email and I asked them if they're going to cancel it next, which will make the THIRD case I've ordered, and wound up having cancelled.

So, does anybody actually have a case for these things yet? I'm not going to spend $40.00+ for a case, for a $250.00 device. I just need a cheap case.

I contacted i-blason days ago and today I just received their reply. Your order was delayed because there is concern on the case quality. Meaning there are some bad batches where the sleep/wake might not work correctly and I happen to receive a case where it sometimes would stop working if left the tablet off for a long while or overnight. So I suggest you to wait it out until the make sure they not sending you any defected case. Oh and they said should be ship by the 16th to me, which I already received on the 12th.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
They told me they had stitching problems... I don't see how a magnet would only work part of the time...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
They told me they had stitching problems... I don't see how a magnet would only work part of the time...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
It's from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-2013-accessories/299558-cases-5.html
user feedback and mine:

Originally Posted by coronaboy10 View Post
I bought this one too.(Iblason slimcase) And yes it really has an odor to it but it does go away eventually. I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. Seems to sometimes not want to wake the device if I've not been using it for a long time. Its also very rigid and unyielding that I expect to lessen with use. I dont really use the case except to store the N7 FHD. I actually use it more without a case because its just so thin and compact and easy to use without one. The case is more for storage and protection when I'm not using it. I actually prefer the cases that do not cover the bezels of the device.

I also have this problem. I thought it was only me because I have not removed the plastic wrapper on the device. The sleep/wake works fine most of the time if you kept using the device. but after leaving it alone for a while or overnight it would kind of stop. Sometimes not working until you press the power on the device to resume it. Other times you had to wait. This is my experience with it.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
It's from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-2013-accessories/299558-cases-5.html
user feedback and mine:

I also have this problem. I thought it was only me because I have not removed the plastic wrapper on the device. The sleep/wake works fine most of the time if you kept using the device. but after leaving it alone for a while or overnight it would kind of stop. Sometimes not working until you press the power on the device to resume it. Other times you had to wait. This is my experience with it.

I'm not doubting you, and didn't mean to sound snippity....I'm just frustrated as all hell with 2 weeks of waiting for a single case to even ship...Not just the iBLASON, mind you, but the slim poetic, and one other one I took a shot at. WTF?...lol

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, yesterday was the 16th and my iBlason case was supposed to have shipped. Did it? Of course not...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My poetic slimline just shipped out today. Was supposed to shipped out on the 23rd. Should expect it on monday or tuesday.

I'd originally ordered my Poetic Slimline for $3.95 with free shipping...That's why they didn't ship it...they jacked the price up... Same thing with my iBLASON for $6.95 I'm sure, and the other one (I forget which one it was now) simply didn't ship. This is ridiculous. They sent me another email saying it would ship "by the latest" on the 16th...Of AUGUST. Maybe they meant 2014, and I have no idea what a "Heated Case" is...

The Nexus 7 II heated black cases were delayed due to a quality control issue. Your order should ship out by no later than 8/16.
Thank you for your patience.
CSR
i-blason.com

--- Original message ---

This is the third case I have tried to order and everyone says delayed,
delayed, cancelled... Are you going to do the same thing?

Sent from my HTC One...
On Aug 14, 2013 10:48 AM, "i-BLASON - Amazon Marketplace" <
[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

> Hello Dear Customer,
>
>
>
> Just wanted to advise we are currently experiencing a slight delay on this
> product. We lengthened our quality control process after some reports of
> minor problems with this item by a small number of customers. We do
> apologize for the inconvenience, in most cases this should not actually
> impact your delivery date, as most items ship faster than estimated by
> Amazon, but it will impact how soon it gets to shipping.
>
>
>
> Colin
>
> i-BLASON
> *For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust
> and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through
> Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above.
> Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from
> possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd originally ordered my Poetic Slimline for $3.95 with free shipping...That's why they didn't ship it...they jacked the price up... Same thing with my iBLASON for $6.95 I'm sure, and the other one (I forget which one it was now) simply didn't ship. This is ridiculous. They sent me another email saying it would ship "by the latest" on the 16th...Of AUGUST. Maybe they meant 2014, and I have no idea what a "Heated Case" is...

The Nexus 7 II heated black cases were delayed due to a quality control issue. Your order should ship out by no later than 8/16.
Thank you for your patience.
CSR
i-blason.com

--- Original message ---

This is the third case I have tried to order and everyone says delayed,
delayed, cancelled... Are you going to do the same thing?

Sent from my HTC One...
On Aug 14, 2013 10:48 AM, "i-BLASON - Amazon Marketplace" <
[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

> Hello Dear Customer,
>
>
>
> Just wanted to advise we are currently experiencing a slight delay on this
> product. We lengthened our quality control process after some reports of
> minor problems with this item by a small number of customers. We do
> apologize for the inconvenience, in most cases this should not actually
> impact your delivery date, as most items ship faster than estimated by
> Amazon, but it will impact how soon it gets to shipping.
>
>
>
> Colin
>
> i-BLASON
> *For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust
> and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through
> Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above.
> Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from
> possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.

That sucks. Mine is shipped out for sure with no delays or emails notifying cancellations or anything.
Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that Smart Shop Online shipped your item, and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.

It shipped yesterday and it's already left the facility in San Francisco, California. I purchased it for $5.95 total on July 30th. I think you are either unlucky or purchased it in a bad time frame or both. :(

classypizza

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I hate to TC, but if I'm not taking my tablet anywhere, am I better off just not having a cover. This is my first device where I don't have a cover and I honestly love it that way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts