Setting ringtones

mtmonaco

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
I recently became an Android user with my Pixel 2 after having an iPhone for years. I am trying to set a downloaded song as my ringtone. I have seen other posts suggesting to use apps such as My Files or Solid Explorer to move songs from the Music folder to Ringtones folder. I am finding that only songs transferred from my old iPhone are available for this process. Songs that I have downloaded onto my Pixel are not visible in the apps above to be moved to the ringtones folder. Do I need to look in a different place?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How are you downloading said songs? If you download using something like Spotify or Play Music, then yeah, you're not going to see those because they're encrypted and linked to your account. If you have the music through Play Music, however, you can download an MP3 version on a desktop browser (or forcing desktop mode on your device) and then you could choose that for a ringtone.

mtmonaco

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
I have been downloading songs via Play Music. I will try your suggestion with a desktop browser. How do I force desktop mode on my device? Thanks for the help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been downloading songs via Play Music. I will try your suggestion with a desktop browser. How do I force desktop mode on my device? Thanks for the help.

Just open a browser tab, tap the menu button and you should see a 'Desktop Mode' or something similar (depends on the browser you use).

As for the method for downloading MP3, well, it depends on the service you use. Most services that allow you to purchase music legally will always allow you to save an unencrypted MP3 (Apple used to encrypt those, but they've changed their ways). Problem is that when you use the mobile apps, those do encrypt the files to avoid piracy, especially if it's music you don't own (i.e. streaming services).

You can also find ringtone apps that sometimes carry some popular songs, like Zedge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigthangz80