Settings change on their own

gtshadow

May 6, 2022
Visit site
I'm having a problem with some settings changing on their own. One is the LastPass auto fill service will turn off anytime my phone is restarted or if the battery is drained. I have to manually restart the service there a way to keep this from happening? The other thing is that my choice of notification sound for incoming Messages will change to the number 3736 and when this happens, there is no sound played when I get a message. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to make it stop? I'm using a Doogee N30 running Android 10. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if LastPass is being killed in the background by the firmware, as part of a misguided attempt to save battery life. Many Chinese manufacturers are known to do this kind of thing: https://dontkillmyapp.com/. Look through the system settings and make sure any kind of power/battery-saving options are turned off (either universally or for LastPass specifically). If the phone came with any "RAM booster" app or feature, or if you installed one yourself, make sure to disable it (if possible) or uninstall it.

For the notification tone issue, are you setting a custom tone, or one of the preinstalled tones?

gtshadow

May 6, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for replying. Battery Saver and Battery Manager are both off on my phone. I checked all the other settings I could find and can't find anything amiss. May just have to get used to this.

I've had the notification sound problem happen with both custom and preinstalled. Although, if I remember correctly, it started after I set up a custom tone. But I did that shortly after getting the phone, so I could have just not noticed the problem yet. Any ideas what's causing it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power