roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Facts:
VZW unlimited plan
Upgrade available
Online, VZW wont sell the X at retail price ($599) without a plan change

Question:
Why would you not add a new line, buy the X for $199, then cancel the new line, pay the $350 ETF and move the X to the old unlimited line?

Seems like that would be $199 for X + $350 for ETF = $550

What am I missing?

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Not missing anything. Cancel before 3 days or you will pay a activation fee.

Although sometimes they will not cancel the line until the phone has been returned.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Facts:
VZW unlimited plan
Upgrade available

Question:
Why would you not add a new line, buy the X for $199, then cancel the new line, pay the $350 ETF and move the X to the old unlimited line?

What am I missing?

My opinion: Seems like a lot of hassle to save $49. Now if it worked out to be say $150, different story.

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
My opinion: Seems like a lot of hassle to save $49. Now if it worked out to be say $150, different story.

Agreed. The issue is that VZW online does not seem to allow outright purchase at retail price without adding a plan. In other threads, I see that some people were able to do it however.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. The issue is that VZW online does not seem to allow outright purchase at retail price without adding a plan. In other threads, I see that some people were able to do it however.

Is it me or does Verizon literally have the shadiest sales practices.. My girl has it and you can't even upgrade your phone without losing your unlimited. Her mom is on a clunker still because of this.

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or does Verizon literally have the shadiest sales practices.. My girl has it and you can't even upgrade your phone without losing your unlimited. Her mom is on a clunker still because of this.

I'd agree. Getting forced out of unlimited even if you try to buy the phone in full.

I plan on going to see my Verizon guy today to see if he can help me around it. He has in the past.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Facts:
VZW unlimited plan
Upgrade available

Question:

What am I missing?

if you add this $60 discount it sounds like a good deal The Moto X Is Live On Verizon's Website – $199.99 On-Contract Or $139.99 With 30% Off Promo Code

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krumplycelloids