Shiny new SkyRocket unboxing today!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Man i have to say I love AT&T network. great coverage and decent speeds. I have not had one instance of not being able to make a call since I got AT&T, and speeds will improve when we get the LTE here which is rumored to be happening this month. Sprint was what I had before, and I liked Sprint, but the coverage was just awful here in C town, but the unlimited data was the reason I was with them...but it was not worth it...speeds were like living back in 2004.

Yeah tell me about Sprint. For business last year I had to get the EVO 3D and it was a nice phone but it got terrible signal and the worst data speeds. I did manage to slip into a WiMax coverage area but as soon as I got a mile from the tower I was barely pulling 3 down. I also didn't like the fact that the phone was constantly searching for a "4G" signal if I left it on.

AT&T takes a lot of heat but it's mostly from iPhone users. I find them to be excellent. The only other company that can truly compete is TMobile because eventually they'll have HSPA+ and LTE but it will take them a long time to play catch up. AT&T is aggressively rolling out LTE and I want to get it now before our iPhone friends bog it down.

Come to think of it, I wish I wasn't on a network with so many iPhone users ugh.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't live in an LTE area but have no problems with AT&T's service or speeds. I can stream music, surf the Internet, check sports scores, etc. I'm worried LTE will just be a battery hog yet not improve my experience much. Hope I can turn it off.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes indeed T, the novelty of LTE will wear off quick if you can't get through a day on a charge...I thought it was part of the gig with LTE to not be able to shut it off...but apparently there are custom roms out there that will allow you to shut it off...AT&T are you listening...hello...?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure if you are downloading a lot of large files you would see a big difference but for ordinary everyday use I'm not sure. I guess I have a while before I find out.

Mharka13

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my skyrocket. Had it since it was released. The latest update screwed my scrolling wallpaper and hated the sliding option for call answering. But battery life has improved dramatically for me. So I guess those scrolling wallpapers and a slide to answer is now forgotten. Love my skyrocket. I'm so glad I ditched my iphone and that puny screen.
My next phone will be the galaxy note 2 or 3 or 4. Can't wait.