Should I Buy the S3 Now?

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I was debating on getting the S3 right away because I have the S2 and the holidays is coming up. Everything is parked at 350.00 which is normal price.

Now everywhere is selling it on sale at 300.00.

I have a feeling it won't go lower than that anytime soon. What do you guys think?

If I buy it directly from Samsung now, I'll get it for 300.00, plus 6% cash back.
Do you guys think a better deal or if it will get significantly lower than 300 within the next 2-3 months? If not I should just buy it now.

EDIT: I go to Samsung.com and click on view black friday deals. Now it is 265.00 as a Black Friday deal.
I went ahead and bought it, I don't think it'll go lower than 265 any time soon.

A few things to keep it mind. The pricing is kinda buggy right now. It shows 264.99 but it is showing as 299.99 on cart. I spoke with a live chat rep and they told me to contact Samsung directly. I did and the rep told me they are aware they are having issues with pricing right now, simply place the order first and then they gave me a support email to send to them to get the difference credited back.

Attachments

• GearS3.PNG
    GearS3.PNG
    313.1 KB · Views: 66
  • GearS3a.PNG
    GearS3a.PNG
    137.3 KB · Views: 61
  • GearS3b.PNG
    GearS3b.PNG
    355 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: It seems like they took it off the website now and is back to 299.99. Good thing I got all my screenshots and live chat conversation, they better honor that price for me.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was going to say the website shows $299. Sounds like you caught them with a glitch on their website. And I thought getting it for $50 off was a good deal....

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: It seems like they took it off the website now and is back to 299.99. Good thing I got all my screenshots and live chat conversation, they better honor that price for me.

Keep me posted on what you eventually hear back. I caught the same thing last night and also took screenshots. Just sent an email to customer service asking for a credit.

The other thing thats concerning is theres now a message on the product page saying it might not ship before 12/25! I placed my order just after 12 am EST today - just after the price changed. So hoping mine ships before that time. Though, it appears they've already charged my card.

Anyway, keep us updated. I'll do the same.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Keep me posted on what you eventually hear back. I caught the same thing last night and also took screenshots. Just sent an email to customer service asking for a credit.

The other thing thats concerning is theres now a message on the product page saying it might not ship before 12/25! I placed my order just after 12 am EST today - just after the price changed. So hoping mine ships before that time. Though, it appears they've already charged my card.

Will do. The rep who I emailed to get the credit never responded back but I emailed him around 4pm so maybe his shift is almost over. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait another day to see if he responds. I think he did mention that he'll make the credit adjustment after my item ships.

I tried looking up the status of my order but it is not showing under the account I bought it with. I tried searching through the order number but I get no result. I did check my credit card and I have the amount pending so they definitely charged me. I'll try to get a rep tomorrow and follow up on the order.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I would love to buy an S3 Frontier now, but they seem to be sold out everywhere!

I checked samsung.com, bestbuy.com, and amazon.com, but all show it as out of stock/backordered.

WTF? Did Samsung grossly underestimate the demand for these things?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would love to buy an S3 Frontier now, but they seem to be sold out everywhere!

I checked samsung.com, bestbuy.com, and amazon.com, but all show it as out of stock/backordered.

I had the same thought when I saw the Samsung webpage. Which surprises me with Samsung. I mean, I can understand Microsoft screwing up a launch day product, but good grief, as much hype as this smartwatch has been getting, I would've thought Sammy would have been better prepared.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Well bad news. The agent never responded back to me. I called another agent and they said they won't honor it. They said it was a glitch and the price is actually 299.99. I'll try emailing the agent I spoke with specifically back since he did promise me that he'll credit the difference after I place the order.

It's very unlikely he will do so oh well.
299.99 is still a good price but I jumped the order because I saw 265.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site

My experience is that the "sold out" status changes day to day. Best Buy had them sold out online on Saturday but they could be ordered again on Sunday. My Best Buy store says they were expecting to have more by the middle of the week. I try to take these things in stride. Although I am excited about this watch because I think it looks great (both versions) and they should have enough stock for anyone who wants to buy one, I understand that smartwatches have not been selling like hot cakes and as a result it looks like Samsung may be doing a rolled release to gauge demand. So keep looking, you will have one before you know it (more or less).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001