Should I encrypt my phone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It will slow down the phone (all encryption usually does) but it varies from phone to phone. I can't comment on the encryption for the Note 4 since I don't have mine anymore but my 6P is okay with it. Do you have a reason for wanting to encrypt?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It will slow down the phone (all encryption usually does) but it varies from phone to phone. I can't comment on the encryption for the Note 4 since I don't have mine anymore but my 6P is okay with it. Do you have a reason for wanting to encrypt?

Just for the peace of mind really.

Posted from the one and only Note 4

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
So I have a question.... With all this news surrounding the FBI and apple... If I encrypt my note 4, I am wondering if samsung could decrypt it just curious?

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So I have a question.... With all this news surrounding the FBI and apple... If I encrypt my note 4, I am wondering if samsung could decrypt it just curious?

I think we're allowed interested to know that's one. Whether Samsung would hand over our data by hacking into our devices if asked to.

dimonic

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have encrypted my Note 4. It is a little laggy - but still faster than my wife's LG for most things. I would say the speed and reaction is acceptable, but not as buttery smooth as it was without encryption. Then again, your mileage and tolerance may vary. I really don't like the idea that law enforcement can simply search my phone without a warrant if I don't encrypt it. Nothing to hide - but I don't see why they should be allowed to search my stuff anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSJUU