Should I get the Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Bass Boy

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi! So I'm currently in the market for a new smartphone and I'm looking at the Huawei mate 10 Pro, but I've got a few questions.

1.) How bad is the software on it? I do favour stock android over EMUI but I can just stick Nova Launcher on it, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad? And how easy/hard is it to delete the pre-installed apps?
2.) This is going to sound really lame but I'm wondering if Snapchat works well on the Huawei mate 10 Pro because I've heard that the video quality on Snapchat on Android phones is really bad, as well as picture quality but I'm wondering if that's the case. I'm only asking because I'm starting university this September and this will be a big factor.
3.) And how's the overall performance of the device? I'd be having it for 2 years so I'm looking for a really reliable phone.

Thanks guys!

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It's a good phone to get for sure. Few points on your questions

1. I've used a lot of phones over the last 1 year - Nexus 6, iphone (6s,7,8+) OnePlus 3T, Samsung S8, Note 8, Essential PH-1 and Mate10 Pro. The software is pretty decent and not overwhelming. It doesn't bog down the phone. Has a lot of useful stuff compared to Pixel Android version. Updates aren't immediate and is more at par with other non-Google or Essential manufacturers

I use Nova and Microsoft launchers, and no complaints.

2. I don't use snapchat.

3. Performance is great. Never faced a stutter or crash as yet. I'm very happy with the phone. With the pace of advances in smartphone tech haven't slowed down considerably, this phone can serve you well for 2 years.

If you can get your hands on a demo piece, feel it before you plunge in.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I would say that it is a good device and I like mine. You need to know, going in, that you are probably going to have to work with it more than other phones to get it set up and functioning the way you want it to function. That is, unless you are not too particular about how your device operates. I have used way more phones than I care to mention and have several now, and I like to have consistency in the way they function and handle what I throw at them. The Mate 10 Pro is fine, but it took more time than any other phone to set it up where everything works the way I like things to work. Once you learn how to handle the battery optimization, odd functionality of the AOD and notifications and other quirks, you can get it where you want it, but you have to be prepared to mess with it. Out of the box, it could be frustrating.

I do not use Snapchat, either, so I cannot comment on it. Sorry.

I have found performance to be very good. It is fast.

Huawei is not, in my opinion, very good with updates. The Google and Essential phones, and probably OnePlus, will be far ahead of Huawei and Samsung will push out the security updates faster than Huawei. Huawei beats LG, Sony and many of the others, but they are not good at all.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
If you haven't purchased your new phone yet, you might check the price for the Mate 10 Pro on Amazon now. $549. That's a GREAT deal! It's been released now in the US for less than 6 months. And has come way off it's original price of $799.

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence as well. I have the Mate 9 and its been a great phone and at $549 the Mate 10 Pro is very enticing but...I'm considering going back to stock Android. Maybe the One Plus 6 or even the Nokia 7 plus (Android One).

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't purchased your new phone yet, you might check the price for the Mate 10 Pro on Amazon now. $549. That's a GREAT deal! It's been released now in the US for less than 6 months. And has come way off it's original price of $799.
Mine is being delivered tomorrow!!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I’m still on the fence with this phone. Some of the quirks freak me out. You’ll have to let me know what you think once you get it.
After a day with, I think it's great! Camera is awesome, FPS is lightning fast, it's snappy, and the screen is very crisp and poppy. Hard to go wrong here for $549.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
After a day with, I think it's great! Camera is awesome, FPS is lightning fast, it's snappy, and the screen is very crisp and poppy. Hard to go wrong here for $549.

What are you coming from? What do you think of their skin? I’ve heard that’s the worst part.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The skin can be modified and customized to how you want. I'm using Microsoft Launcher on my mate 10 pro.

It's been 3 months with the phone and I'm very happy with it. Smooth, good features and only has the occasional hiccups like any other flagship inc iPhone. Above all, the battery life has been outstanding.

The phone certainly grows on you. For the price that it's selling for, I don't find any other all rounder that can match up to this. I'd say, go for it if you are on the fence

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the Mate 9 and have been on the fence on the Mate 10 Pro. However, at $499 on Amazon Prime Day, it might be a no brainer! At that price, you get a flagship experience for a mid range price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk