Should I get the S10 or the S10 Plus?

serjiosalva

Banned
Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,,
Right now, I have an S7 Edge and TouchWiz is being...well, TouchWiz after a few years. So I'm looking to upgrade! I'm wondering, however, if the S10 Plus is worth the extra $100. A little bit about me, I don't really use the camera at all on my phone. I use Snapchat sparingly so [sneaky embedded spam redacted by Mod] there's that. I suppose my question is, for the people who have used it/know more than me, would I be okay with just the 10? Is it still a good phone? I haven't seen too many reviews on just the 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I too was going to upgrade to the S10 line so I did a lot of research on what was available. For me, however, it was between the S10 and the S10e - the S10 Plus was not on my radar. Too expensive and too big!

If you like taking pictures, the S10 does have the telephoto lens (the S10e does not). The Plus has an extra selfie lens but if you're not into those, it's really not worth having that extra lens.

If camera specs aren't a big deal to you, the S10e has a great look and smaller size; awesome flat screen; great side-mounted fingerprint scanner; and a more affordable price tag than the other two models. The camera still performs well - it's just missing that telephoto lens.

The S10 was, from what I've read, kind of the "overlooked" model - it seemed that most went for the S10e or S10+ - but for me, it hit that sweet spot of not-too-big with an okay-to-swallow price tag with that telephoto lens. I love taking pictures so that was one of my main reasons for getting the S10. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have been happy with the S10e.

As far as my personal opinion of the S10: I love it! The size is perfect; I use the Edge screen way more than I thought I would; I love the in-display fingerprint reader; and the camera is quite good. I am definitely satisfied with my purchase.

I think you'd be happy with any of those three models. Flossy Carter does good reviews on those models. Please keep us posted on what you decide!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I like bigger phones and the S10+ is actually a little smaller than my Pixel 4XL. I saw a good comparison between the regular S10 and the regular S20. The reason I mention it is because it goes into a lot of detail about the S10 if you want to learn more about it. The 10e is a great phone as well and is much cheaper. I had an S7 edge and I find the S10 software and hardware a lot better than the S7 edge.

Here is the link to that video I suggested.

https://youtu.be/mza6waKf4Dc

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone,,
Right now, I have an S7 Edge and TouchWiz is being...well, TouchWiz after a few years. So I'm looking to upgrade! I'm wondering, however, if the S10 Plus is worth the extra $100. A little bit about me, I don't really use the camera at all on my phone. I use Snapchat sparingly so there's that. I suppose my question is, for the people who have used it/know more than me, would I be okay with just the 10? Is it still a good phone? I haven't seen too many reviews on just the 10.
S10 should be just fine for your what your looking for.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I opted for the S10+, rather than the S10, since I found the S10 to be a bit too small for me. My previous device had been the LG V20, which physically was almost the same size as the S10+. However, the S10+ has a bigger screen than the LG V20, due to the lack of bezels. I didn't think I'd like the curved screen on the S10+, but it only took me a few days to adapt. I haven't had any issues with errant touches, even though I use the Edge panels. I do have accidental touch protection enabled.
eeefcf4116b3ef026b895e8b3c5cec86.jpg

jgenn3

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I went for the bigger battery on the 10+. as for screen size you get used to whatever your using in a short amount of time. Now when I pick up my old phones that I thought were big back in the day they all seem small now.

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
After looking at the S20 series, I couldn't justify the cost and went with the S10+. I'm coming from an S7 edge, so it will still be a substantial step up for me at a much lower price than the S20. The bigger battery was a major factor in deciding on the S10+. Phone arrives tomorrow!

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I used to own the S7 Edge and it remains one of my favorite Android phones I've used. I tried the Plus phones with the larger screens but overall I've come to the conclusion that one handed usage is more important to me than having the larger screen. If one handed usage is the most important thing to you get the S10, if the larger screen is the most important thing to you get the S10+.

I'm currently using the Galaxy S10. It's fine with good battery life, good reception, relatively fast charging etc... I'd buy it again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49