Should I sell my iPad because of a big possibility of the tablet market ignored in the future???

ShaunAFC3

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
The last week I am thinking of selling my iPad Air 2 which I just bought only about 2/3 months ago and I definitely enjoy using my iPad all the time and the iPad Air 2 is my main computer and replaced/ditched my laptop and I think iPad is the best tablet out there ahead of Microsoft with there Surface pro series tablets and high end Android tablets from Samsung and Google. :) :)

I know this is very stupid and very silly reason to sell my iPad but due to reports recently that the tablet market(including the iPad) in general is dying(because of the sales is down) and the interest and usage of using tablets like the iPad is going down because people are using there phablets and going back to there laptops or using a Windows 2/1 hybrid instead of a tablet like the iPad and a Android tablet so that's means one thing that in the future there is a big possibility of the tablet market ignored in the future.

So I am thinking of selling my iPad Air 2 because of that and get a Windows 2/1 hybrid instead but I don't really want use a Windows 2/1 hybrid tablet because they are bigger and more heavy and the OS Windows definitely is not touch friendly, there is not many apps that are touch friendly and required a mouse to navigate properly and Windows 2/1 hybrid tablets make not so good as tablets compared to the iPad and Android tablets.

And one more thing that the Windows 2/1 hybrids tablets even the high end ones like the Surface Pro 4, HP Spectre x2, Acer Aspire Switch 11 lots more that they definitely don't have not as great battery life compared to the legendary 10 hour battery life of the iPad.

They only average only about 3/5 hours of screen time on a full charge which makes Windows 2/1 hybrids tablets definitely not ideal for if you are traveling or on the road for long periods of time, So the iPad is definitely 100% superior in that regard as well! :)

With all that being said I definitely don't want the tablet market to be ignored in the future just like the netbook market couple years ago and I just love tablets(I don't like laptops) especially with a touch friendly OS like IOS on the iPad!! :)

And the thought of the tablet market maybe being ignored in the future makes me sad!! :( :(

So should I sell my iPad because of a big possibility of the tablet market ignored in the future??? And do you think the tablet market will be ignored/dead in the future because of phablets and Windows 2/1 hybrids?? And what is the future of tablets??

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't sell your iPad: it's a superb device. Any changes in tablet usage, manufacture, supply and demand, are not going to happen suddenly. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy it, just as I will with my Nexus 7 2013, running the latest version of Android, and updated to the May security patch only a couple of days ago.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
2 in 1's absolutely suck at being tablets right now and are basically just laptop replacements. That's the first point - they're completely irrelevant to most tablets. Second point - what happens in the future of tech is irrelevant to the quality of your current devices. If for some reason you like the iPad more than other tablets and don't want an actual laptop, then the iPad is the best device you can have.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As others have stated, do not sell your iPad if you love it, it is your main computer driver, and you get a lot of (good quality) use out of it! Support for tablets, etc. are not going to go away super quickly if anything were to happen. Keep it if you love it! :)

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ive got a samsung galaxy note 8 thats going on 4 years old. This Christmas I got a brand new ipad as a gift. The samsung, as old as it is, blows the ipad out of the water. That damn ipad is so slow its pathetic.

Posted via Android Central App

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Why get rid of a product you love because of where you think the market may be going? If you love it and get value from it than enjoy it.

I don't think tablets will ever be as popular as phones and laptops, but they also aren't going anywhere. Even if the market slowly changes, there are already millions of tablets out there, and millions more being sold now. Companies, especially Apple, will continue to serve that segment of the market.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my old Motorola Xoom (the first mass produced android tablet) this whole time because I was on the fence about what to replace it with. My phone's screen is so large now that it fits most purposes.

I use a large 17" laptop for my business. I hate turning it on now because it feels like forever to log it on now.

I started studying what I actually do with my laptop and realized there is only one piece of Windows installed software that I actually use anymore (bookkeeping software).

Everything's else was cloud based or web based. I use the entire suite of google apps for my business and everything else I use is online at various portals.

Recently I took the plunge to get something "in between" my phone and my laptop. I wanted something in between because I don't consider a 17" laptop portable.

My criteria was quick to start. This ruled out Windows for me. Long battery life. Ultra portable. Connections to hook to a projector. The ability to use it casually on my lap as well.

That brought me to an Asus Chromebook Flip. Look it up on You Tube. I got the 4gb ram version at Amazon and it is amazing.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5179795

I use Google slides to update and present my PowerPoint presentations and use the entire google suite of apps. The offline mode works when I'm actually offline ... (which is hardly ever)

The tablet mode is actually quite good. (not as intuitive as a tablet) but at least I can sit on the couch and read the news etc.

This option isn't for everyone but there is something to be said for being able to turn on a machine and go as quickly as you can on your phone. And still have functionality of a real keyboard to take notes on meetings and work on projects.

Sent from my LG G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332