Show us your S24 cases.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. But the replacement isn't free. The cost to replace your phone with Samsung Care+ is more expensive than a case.
True...but how many on here buy 5 cases. By looking at some of the cases pictured here, they are basically nakid anyway. Let's not forget the ones at trade in time that takes their case off to find the back cracked. Cases also give false security.

I'll give you some irony here. Back in the note 2 and up days..the back of the phone was plastic that removed so you could replace the battery if needed. Everyone complained the plastic felt cheap, but it didn't break and had grip. A lot did not need or use a case because there really wasn't a reason to use one. Samsung finally listened to the whiners and went to glass backs...now everyone is putting plastic cases on the phones at an additional cost, and on top of it we can't replace the battery by just removing the back. Wireless charging worked also. The plastic backs back then also had more grip then most plastic cases you buy.

When it comes to glass backs.. IMO we went backwards in durability and in the long run costs us users more money in needing cases and if you need the battery replaced.

And you are correct gravity never takes a break. Treat your phone like your kid and you will probably be fine.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
True...but how many on here buy 5 cases. By looking at some of the cases pictured here, they are basically nakid anyway. Let's not forget the ones at trade in time that takes their case off to find the back cracked. Cases also give false security.

I'll give you some irony here. Back in the note 2 and up days..the back of the phone was plastic that removed so you could replace the battery if needed. Everyone complained the plastic felt cheap, but it didn't break and had grip. A lot did not need or use a case because there really wasn't a reason to use one. Samsung finally listened to the whiners and went to glass backs...now everyone is putting plastic cases on the phones at an additional cost, and on top of it we can't replace the battery by just removing the back. Wireless charging worked also. The plastic backs back then also had more grip then most plastic cases you buy.

When it comes to glass backs.. IMO we went backwards in durability and in the long run costs us users more money in needing cases and if you need the battery replaced.

And you are correct gravity never takes a break. Treat your phone like your kid and you will probably be fine.

I'm already at three cases for my S24 Ultra. Sooo...

Yes. I remember the Note 2 days. I had one. Guess what? It didn't survive a 3 foot drop on to concrete. Verizon sent me a new one in less than a week. That was my last removable battery phone. I haven't looked back. Long gone are the days of carrying around a spare battery.

I'm all for non glass/ceramic backs. Carbon fiber would be a great candidate. It's strong, light, and dissipates heat pretty. It's also expensive to manufacture and hard to recycle.

As for non-replaceable batteries...meh. Most people don't keep a phone or tablet long enough to worry about it. Battery technology has improved significantly since the days of the replaceable battery. Software and hardware improvements have also made replaceable batteries largely obsolete.

We made considerable progress in durability. That's not an opinion. It's proven. The S24 Ultra can survive a drop that would shatter the display of a phone made 10 years ago.

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Thinborne case, lovely slim case. I posted my thoughts on another thread

Reactions: Laura Knotek

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm already at three cases for my S24 Ultra. Sooo...

Yes. I remember the Note 2 days. I had one. Guess what? It didn't survive a 3 foot drop on to concrete. Verizon sent me a new one in less than a week. That was my last removable battery phone. I haven't looked back. Long gone are the days of carrying around a spare battery.

I'm all for non glass/ceramic backs. Carbon fiber would be a great candidate. It's strong, light, and dissipates heat pretty. It's also expensive to manufacture and hard to recycle.

As for non-replaceable batteries...meh. Most people don't keep a phone or tablet long enough to worry about it. Battery technology has improved significantly since the days of the replaceable battery. Software and hardware improvements have also made replaceable batteries largely obsolete.

We made considerable progress in durability. That's not an opinion. It's proven. The S24 Ultra can survive a drop that would shatter the display of a phone made 10 years ago.

That was my point. You have 3 cases of which you can only use one at a time.. So if you have a case that actually will give it decent protection then you're around $100 on cases. I know there's cheaper cases, I'm referring to ones that actually will give the phone a chance on a drop

As on replacement batteries... You are correct battery technology and battery management has gotten better. As far as people not keeping their phones long enough to worry about... Most People on here aren't the norm. I know people with the pixel 3 yet and they complain about battery issues. Most people keep their phones over 2 years and longer. Not too mention people buying used phones, they wouldn't mind being able to replace batteries easily.

Now on you dropping your note 2. What got damaged? The screen, how was the back? I didn't say anything about the screen as cases don't do much for screen protection. I bet the back was just fine. Yes long gone are carrying a spare battery, now we carry around big battery packs.

Anyway, I hgave my opinion, I'm done talking about this...I know you like to go back and forth and a fall victim to that also, and really there's no more to say. Removable backs aren't coming back so it's really a moot point now.

Let's get back to showing cases, on topic

Reactions: mustang7757

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Let see your favorite case for your S24. I always like the Samsung S-view case, so when i ordered the S24U from AT$T they had that case for $25.
Its a really nice case.
I really like the idea of the S-view case, but wish they had implemented even a slight magnetic latching so that the flap would stay in place rather than flopping around freely. I picked up the S-View, Flipsuit, and Silicone cases from Samsung with my credit.

I am surprised how much I prefer the Silicone over the others - best grip and tactile buttons of the three, and feels like it would offer the best protection in a drop. I've also ordered a Dbrand Grip for when I want a little more protection, but this is the nicest silicone phone case I've owned.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I really like the idea of the S-view case, but wish they had implemented even a slight magnetic latching so that the flap would stay in place rather than flopping around freely. I picked up the S-View, Flipsuit, and Silicone cases from Samsung with my credit.

I am surprised how much I prefer the Silicone over the others - best grip and tactile buttons of the three, and feels like it would offer the best protection in a drop. I've also ordered a Dbrand Grip for when I want a little more protection, but this is the nicest silicone phone case I've owned.
Same here. The front moves around to much for me.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Now on you dropping your note 2. What got damaged? The screen, how was the back? I didn't say anything about the screen as cases don't do much for screen protection. I bet the back was just fine. Yes long gone are carrying a spare battery, now we carry around big battery packs.

It landed on its corner. At first glance it didn't look damaged enough to think it was broken. No cracked screen or obvious breaks. Just a mark on the corner it landed on. However, within an hour the display was unreadable. The plastic frame didn't protect it. But the plastic back was fine. As far as battery packs. I only use one when traveling.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

inquisitorA

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
Velvet Caviar - pretty much the only cases i buy these days. Not only do they have the best pretty/girlie cases, theyre actually quality. Ive had 2 or 3 drops face down on concrete from waist height and my phones were fine bc of the raised edge on the front, its thick plastic but its not that hard plastic, it almost feels a tiny bit rubbery-anywsy whatever it is, it works, and i havent bought a non VC in a couple years now.

Attachments

• IMG_20240227_013807.jpg
    IMG_20240227_013807.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20240227_013758.jpg
    IMG_20240227_013758.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have this case Ringke Alles? I just bought it from my husband to try he didn't like the Torras case not the one Spigen from Amazon. He's using this clear spider case but he really wants black now and their black same one as clear just wasn't the same he said it was too slippery. The Torras I think was the one where the kickstand wasn't completely flat it was sticking up a little. I think the Spigen was Armor the one on Amazon I know their is another on there website only.

I just know he wants black not too bulky with a good grip not too slippery mag safe and he prefers a regular kickstand one that will go both ways. Hopefully he'll like this one that I ordered but I didn't know if anyone else had it and liked it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have this case Ringke Alles? I just bought it from my husband to try he didn't like the Torras case not the one Spigen from Amazon. He's using this clear spider case but he really wants black now and their black same one as clear just wasn't the same he said it was too slippery. The Torras I think was the one where the kickstand wasn't completely flat it was sticking up a little. I think the Spigen was Armor the one on Amazon I know their is another on there website only.

I just know he wants black not too bulky with a good grip not too slippery mag safe and he prefers a regular kickstand one that will go both ways. Hopefully he'll like this one that I ordered but I didn't know if anyone else had it and liked it?
Sorry, I have a different Ringke clear case that doesn't have a kickstand. I've never looked at the ones you've mentioned here, but hopefully someone else has the Alles case. Good luck with your search.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos