@ sign in outgoing text

STILLIRISE

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem? When I send a Text...sometimes the @ symbol just shows up for no reason....like a whole row of them (and no, I'm not inserting them, I don't even know that they are there until people say "what's up with all the at symbols?" ...oh...this started a little bit after the 2.2 update

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I myself do not use Handcent and never have used anything other than what was included. I am running Kangbang 1.3 only with no other customizations. I flashed Kangbang from stock OTA update of Froyo.

Today I sent a message that had to be split into two and the person I sent it too said my message was just a bunch of @@@ symbols.

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I myself do not use Handcent and never have used anything other than what was included. I am running Kangbang 1.3 only with no other customizations. I flashed Kangbang from stock OTA update of Froyo.

Today I sent a message that had to be split into two and the person I sent it too said my message was just a bunch of @@@ symbols.

i would suggest getting Handcent.....i never wanted to switch over either, but i kept having issues with the stock MMS program. I havent looked back, and am perfectly happy.

Winkz7

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I just received a text from my wifes SF (running stock 2.2 with ChompSMS) and there were a number of @ signs in her signature. I think that is the first time I saw this issue. I looked at the Handcent thread and didn't see anything that would help. It mentioned what seemed like a setting in Handcent to use, I don't see anything like that in Chomp.

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just received a text from my wifes SF (running stock 2.2 with ChompSMS) and there were a number of @ signs in her signature. I think that is the first time I saw this issue. I looked at the Handcent thread and didn't see anything that would help. It mentioned what seemed like a setting in Handcent to use, I don't see anything like that in Chomp.

sorry, havent used chomp, so i dont know what settings they have :-\ ill download it and play around some, see what i can find

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
inside chompsms

Menu>Settings>Mobile Carrier Settings>CDMA Split checked

also, uncheck I am on USA T-Mobile

hope that helps, only settings i could find.....chomp is pretty limited :-\

Reactions: Winkz7

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
yah that still doesnt fix it even with handcent. I mean doing the split thing. you need to just know that ur gonna be sending a long msg and split it urself. thats the only way i have a fix for it. I still get the issue when sending long msgs unless i just send half and half.

Winkz7

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
inside chompsms

Menu>Settings>Mobile Carrier Settings>CDMA Split checked

also, uncheck I am on USA T-Mobile

hope that helps, only settings i could find.....chomp is pretty limited :-\

:eek: Ha! I never even saw that screen... I'm usually pretty good at digging into the settings, not this time.

I have now unchecked the "I am on USA T-Mobile" setting. I'll have to see if I see a difference and test the longer messages with both of our phones.

My "CDMA Split" setting has been unchecked for as long as I've been using Chomp (as far as I know).

I'll play with that as well.

I remember trying Handcent early on and liked Chomp better for some reason. I have it set to bring up the Quick Reply window, it seems useful to me.

Thanks again!

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
yah that still doesnt fix it even with handcent. I mean doing the split thing. you need to just know that ur gonna be sending a long msg and split it urself. thats the only way i have a fix for it. I still get the issue when sending long msgs unless i just send half and half.

your the only one(that ive heard), that my handcent method hasnt worked for :-\ thats dissapointing.....

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
:eek: Ha! I never even saw that screen... I'm usually pretty good at digging into the settings, not this time.

I have now unchecked the "I am on USA T-Mobile" setting. I'll have to see if I see a difference and test the longer messages with both of our phones.

My "CDMA Split" setting has been unchecked for as long as I've been using Chomp (as far as I know).

I'll play with that as well.

I remember trying Handcent early on and liked Chomp better for some reason. I have it set to bring up the Quick Reply window, it seems useful to me.

Thanks again!

did this fix end up working out for you?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe