Signal/Hardware Diagnosis

cmdr430

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure how to word this thread...

I am also not sure how LTE works and I have googled....

I received my 4.0.4 update like everyone else with the new radios etc.

Now I am trying to figure out weather I have a hardware problem or my phone is just the way it is....

I realize that the bars mean nothing in general, that you need to go into the settings and look at the actual signal readings.

Literally 1.5 miles up the road(measured) from me, my phone registers all bars and -89 to -92 dbm cant remember asu all in 4g

and at my house wether I am inside or outside my phone registers -122 and 20 something asu 4g and loses the signal quite often

also, if i put the phone in my pocket it loses the 4g signal and cant seem to pick it back up unless I turn the phone off then on

This is my second G nexus, and it has already been sent back to samsung for repairs once. They said a component of the phone was replaced but could not tell me which one and the software was updated....

After the 4.0.4 updated successfully downloaded I did a full data wipe/recovery/restore and reloaded all of my apps just to make sure everything was in full working order. I have also removed the battery and the sim card too.....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Cameron

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Get Open Signal and see where the closest signal tower is. If its it like half a mile from you then it is more likely hardware but if it is like 3+ miles from you then it points in the direction of normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrStrange