Signal issue after ICS upgrade

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a signal strength drop after the ICS update.not sure if its my phone or just the signal strength indicator was reworked in ICS?

Markersk

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have definitely noticed a lower signal strength indicator, but have not really noticed worse service or any more dropped calls... so not sure if it's just indicator as you suggest.

wantsti

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually noticed a slight improvement in signal quality...at least at my desk at work, I used to have issues with call clarity. After the ics update, the calls are clearer (my wife has not once complained that she can't hear me :) )

txczshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really noticed signal strength issues, but latency issues. I know they changed the appearance of the signal indicator. My wife's phone sitting side by side (hers still running GB 2.3.6), running speedtest.net has nearly 100% less ping time on the same server and higher DL/UL rates.

Superman4060

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really noticed signal strength issues, but latency issues. I know they changed the appearance of the signal indicator. My wife's phone sitting side by side (hers still running GB 2.3.6), running speedtest.net has nearly 100% less ping time on the same server and higher DL/UL rates.

Which one has the faster ping. Sorry didnt understand you.

I am also having an issue with signal strength but it might just be like they said above that the way its recorded on the phone that has changed. or maybe it is more accurate now.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed my bars hovering at a lower point between 1and 2 bars but no decreased service quality so it must be a display change only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
they change both the radios which connect you to the towers and they change the display to more accurately show the signal strength. as for the radios some pp will have better some pp will have worse depending on where you live, i have better luck on older radios myself so i flashed mine back to the leaked uclf5 radios instead of the 6, some pp only have good signal strength on uclf2 so just depends on the area your in.

mcbaes72

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed my bars hovering at a lower point between 1and 2 bars but no decreased service quality so it must be a display change only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Same here, noticed it the next day after update. I haven't completely lost signal, but it has gone down to about 1-2 bars at home, occasionally jumping back up to 3+ bars.

CBPetrovic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a signal strength drop after the ICS update.not sure if its my phone or just the signal strength indicator was reworked in ICS?
Yes, I, too, have noticed a decrease in the signal level, as reported by the "bars" as well as an app (NetworkSignalInfo Pro).

My connection at work is the pits, always has been with AT&T, worse in the summer better w/o leaves on the trees.

Same thing for WiFi, and I really don't think it is a display-only phenomenon; WiFi connection at my house was much better with Gingerbread.

If it weren't a PITA to downgrade, I'd go back to Android2 (whatever shipped with the device when I bought it).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sketch232