Signal - Not very good

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This issue was in a few reviews. I'm surprised since Verizon usually is very strict when it comes to signal strength/reception on their phones.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Signal strength is a major concern as to whether or not I pay full price for the Inc. My office is in a basement, and with my Moto Droid, I have to stand by the door to talk on the phone. My partner has a new BB Curve and he can sit at his desk (which is further underground) and carry on a normal conversation. BB has always had a good reputation for strong signal strength. I can't take any less signal strength than my Moto Droid currently has. Any less would be a deal breaker for me.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just went to the VZW store and held my Moto Droid beside the Inc. The Inc. showed only 2 bars, but showed -80db signal. My Moto Droid showed a full signal on the bars and -94db signal. Based on this non scientific experiment, I would say the Inc. has slightly better signal strength than the Moto Droid.

Anyone else finding similar results?

Grizzly420

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dont look at the bars. I have my storm 2 next to my DI and storm 2 is showing 3 bars/-94dBm and Di is one bar/90dBm. The droids bars my not be as high but is getting better signal than more storm 2

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Moto Droid = -56 dBM
HTC Incredible = -59 dBM

siting on table right next to each other.

The 3G symbol on my Incredible does disappear often, but surfing the web still feels fast (web pages display quickly even without the 3G symbol).

In the real world, I have dropped calls with the incredible in places where the Moto Droid held them. That does make me suspect of the Incredible's ability to pull signal.

Same thing I noticed comparing my wifes HTC Eris and my Moto Droid, that the Moto pulls in about 2 dBm better signal, and hardly drops calls whereas the Eris drops calls frequently. Our house has signal in the -89 to -91 dBm range. I've been saying all along that the Incredible's radio might not be that good...

Last edited:

mb79

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced no problems in the greater Salt Lake City area all the way to the south end of Utah County. Calls are strong and clear.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I always have a problem at my desk at work, with any VZ phone. The Incredible is no different--it just SHOWS different. So I would say this is only a bars problem, not an actual signal issue. I lost a call today--when I got into an elevator. :)

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
after comparing the signal to my BB and the NEW incredible. the signal has been the same in db everytime. the signal bar must be a glitch of some sort

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the eris and the signal is horrible. I get 1 bar at my house while my wife gets 3 on BB tour. I have to have a good signal because I am on the road alot with my job. Now I am hearing the Incredible is having the same problem. Is this an HTC thing, because my buddy at work has the droid(moto) and gets great signal?
I will not purchase this phone until the signal issue is fixed. The nexus 2(moto shadow) is supposed to come in June. I think I might wait for that.

Injektilo

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I registered just to say that there is no signal problem on this phone, I live in a low coverage area, the household has a droid and an incredible in it. I've run tests with the phones side by side and found that the incredible actually gets 1 to 2db better than the droid, even while the signal display is showing 0 bars (droid shows 3)

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have the eris and the signal is horrible. I get 1 bar at my house while my wife gets 3 on BB tour. I have to have a good signal because I am on the road alot with my job. Now I am hearing the Incredible is having the same problem. Is this an HTC thing, because my buddy at work has the droid(moto) and gets great signal?
I will not purchase this phone until the signal issue is fixed. The nexus 2(moto shadow) is supposed to come in June. I think I might wait for that.

Read the thread, The signal is good, there is a bug in the readout! You have to go into settings and read the dbm, I also amd getting a couple db better signal with the DI over my Moto Droid!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
In my experience this past 24 hours, my Incredible has been superior to the Droid in regards to signal strengtlh. Even in my parking garage I was getting text messages on the Inc which never happened on my Droid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id