Signature to Text Messages

friess25

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I use Messenger (Google) and don't care to use Hangouts on my Nexus 5x. Any suggestions on how I would add my signature to outgoing messages? There doesn't seem to be a settings option for this.

Thanks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is currently not a feature of Google Messenger. You would have to manually add it in.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
This is currently not a feature of Google Messenger. You would have to manually add it in.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
+1 to the above. I use Google messenger and hangouts (long story). Three signature option simply isn't available at the time being for Google messenger... You could manually type it (each and every time), say it through voice dictation (each and every time), or switch to a different SMS client that does offer this feature.

Best of luck

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Why are you using a signature anyways for texting?

Posted via the Android Central App

Not sure where the OP resides or what network they use, but in the US your name usually pops up in conjunction with the phone number used for texting. Is this not the case for the OP?

friess25

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Name will appear only if recipient has you listed as a contact. Use Textra... It's a good text app and a signature can be added by default.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soikeobong2024