Silence power-on sounds; Galaxy S4

PaulRivers

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Settings> My Device> Sound> Volume > System (turn it all the way down, it will now vibrate only unless you turn all vibrate off)

I know this is a thread from last year, but it's the one that showed up in the google search for me.

This worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy 4 (on TMobile not that it matters), without installing an app or rooting my phone. Just set it and rebooted my phone.

Not sure if I turned off any sounds I would want to hear - are their system sounds other than startup and shutdown that are important?

Lester Ingber

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
No, just turning the System volume all the way down does not work. Neither does mute boot in any Startup manager app I've seen work either,

The issue is that for most security-conscious people, the drive (and SD card) are encrypted; I have my phone monitored under Google Apps, which enforces this encryption. At least on the Verizon i545, this means that you have two logins when booting (or rebooting) the phone -- the first login is to gain access "to use the encrypted device memory". The Verizon theme plays before this first login. Any noise after the first login can be muted by a Startup manager/setting system volume to 0. Even muting the sound before shutting down the phone does not work.

Now, without rooting the phone, has anyone succeeded in muting the sound BEFORE the first of two logins?

Last edited:

mezzodiva

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
This is my same issue. I have corporate security profiles installed which require encryption. Startup sound LOUDLY happens every time the phone starts up or reboots, regardless of my volume settings when the phone shuts down. I would love a fix for this--without rooting. I believe this did not happen before encryption was enabled.

Char Fox

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Mezzodiva,
I've been using Antweb Silent Boot free from the Pkaystore for over a year and it works great on my S4 and you never even know it's there. Set it and hide from the app drawer.

not amused

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Exactly. I just found my way to this thread to look for a solution and am amazed there is no good one. I don't want to put it in silent mode--I just want the option to turn off the power-on and power-off sounds, like I've been able to do in every other brand of phone I've owned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance