Sim card not reading correctly

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've got a new bug that's been a problem recently. At least a couple times a week I'll go to use my phone and the sim card isn't working correctly. The icon shows up as if the carrier shut the service off, but that's not the issue. If I pull the sim card and reinsert it it will sometimes fix the problem, but restarting the phone fixes it 100% of the time. Anyone know if this is a phone problem or a carrier problem?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got a new bug that's been a problem recently. At least a couple times a week I'll go to use my phone and the sim card isn't working correctly. The icon shows up as if the carrier shut the service off, but that's not the issue. If I pull the sim card and reinsert it it will sometimes fix the problem, but restarting the phone fixes it 100% of the time. Anyone know if this is a phone problem or a carrier problem?

Could be the phone or the SIM card itself.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here had this issue since Jan on my HOX+ still trying to get Vodafone to fix it. Had this issue with 4.1.1 and 4.2. It's the phone because I've had 3 new Sims now and not fixed.

Posted via Android Central App

May 7, 2012
Visit site
With this issue my network said it was the sim, because they said it looks like to them that the sim card is not updating on the network. I've been through 3 new sims now and still getting the error "unable to detect sim" and loss of all signal. It's the phone.

Posted via Android Central App on my HOX+

Conni Covington

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to fix it? I tried the tape trick discussed in other forums, and that hasn't worked. It's not the SIM (micro-SIM), because it works in other phones. Do I need to pay someone or buy a new SIM tray or something?

Conni Covington

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I ended up having to buy a new phone (this was a couple months ago), because it just stopped reading the SIM one day (after I dropped it about 8 inches onto carpet). So I don't know if I need to find someone who can take it apart and fiddle with it, or if I've just got a very nice Android iPod Touch.