Since Gingerbread email auto-sync not working

rreikot

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Since I got Gingerbread last week, my e-mail is no longer auto-syncing. I have to manually refresh all the time. Anyone else having this issue?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had this issue from the first version of GB. There are a few threads out there on this and this is the best Ive come up with. It works sporatically on some of the accounts when it feels like it :) Actually, I believe it has to do with the "sleep mode". I think that this is disrupting the auto cycle process. I find it flips into and out of manual/auto on the screen when you check the status but it doesnt really check. I have 5 different emails and it will check one, maybe two somewhere along the way each day. I used to turn my screen off with the power button which apparently puts it into sleep mode. When I now let it time out and it goes into sleep mode by itself, I find the email check happens more regularly. Secondly, on the email screen I keep it on all accounts which seems to let more of the account auto sync. Go figure. Did anyone else try other email software? I tried Maildroid and it stopped working after one day just like the stock email which brings me back to the TB not the software.

rreikot

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just changed my default account and now it is syncing all accounts again. :) Unfortunately the wrong account has to be be used as my default.

rreikot

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My previous solution only worked for 2 days. I read on another blog to force close the mail application and then start it up again. Everything this is syncing now. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey