Skyrocket: naked, case or skin?

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to have to pull the battery for anything. How long have you had this problem? (I've only had mine for a couple of weeks)

Bluetooth is FUBAR on this phone - that's my biggest gripe. It will usually auto connect to my headset or car but sometimes it fails. Turning off/on Bluetooth results in it taking a long time to shut down and never really come back up. The only resolution is a reboot.

Wireless is intermittent. Sometimes apps can access the internet when wifi is enabled and other times not. In those cases, I disable wifi and don't have any issues with 4G/LTE connectivity. Right now, both my wifi and 4G/LTE icons are displaying. Again. If I disable/enable wifi it will *usually* turn of 4G/LTE.

GPS, while always enabled, always takes 30-60 seconds to lock on a signal. This is even outdoors in a wide open populated area. Sometimes it will not lock after several minutes. In that case, the resolution is a reboot.

Intermittently get 'Call Failed' despite having a good signal. Resolution is a reboot.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth is FUBAR on this phone - that's my biggest gripe. It will usually auto connect to my headset or car but sometimes it fails. Turning off/on Bluetooth results in it taking a long time to shut down and never really come back up. The only resolution is a reboot.

Wireless is intermittent. Sometimes apps can access the internet when wifi is enabled and other times not. In those cases, I disable wifi and don't have any issues with 4G/LTE connectivity. Right now, both my wifi and 4G/LTE icons are displaying. Again. If I disable/enable wifi it will *usually* turn of 4G/LTE.

GPS, while always enabled, always takes 30-60 seconds to lock on a signal. This is even outdoors in a wide open populated area. Sometimes it will not lock after several minutes. In that case, the resolution is a reboot.

Intermittently get 'Call Failed' despite having a good signal. Resolution is a reboot.

Wow. Sounds like you've got a bad phone. That would drive me crazy.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Sounds like you've got a bad phone. That would drive me crazy.

I was having some of this with my original refurb SkyRocket. It seemed to improve quite a bit when I dumped the battery defender. I have had my new replacement (new, not a refurb this time) for about a week and it has been rock solid so far...not even a bit of a hiccup...knock on wood. I tend to agree this is not normal behavior for the Rocket in the Sky...check for some software issues, or maybe do a factory reset and restore it.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was having some of this with my original refurb SkyRocket. It seemed to improve quite a bit when I dumped the battery defender. I have had my new replacement (new, not a refurb this time) for about a week and it has been rock solid so far...not even a bit of a hiccup...knock on wood. I tend to agree this is not normal behavior for the Rocket in the Sky...check for some software issues, or maybe do a factory reset and restore it.

I am going to wait until ICS is officially released by AT&T - or sell this phone and get a Note. :)

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Late next week, photos and a mini review will follow ;)

So what did you think? I've had Ghost Armor Matte on mine for about 4 months and it's an awesome skin. Last night I switched to my other favorite, Skinomi Clear skin. My favorite thing about Skinomi is that it's extremely grippy. You can hold your phone in almost any position and use it one handed easily. I think Ghost Armor looks and wears the best though.