Slow Bluetooth connect time?

badams007

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The S4 is a pretty new phone to me and I am annoyed by only one thing - It is **much** slower to autoconnect to my car than my prior phone (HTC Impression) was.

Is there some way to get it to poll to check for a paired BT connection more often (or whatever the issue is here) ?? I can manually tell it to connect but letting it do it auto takes several minutes... My last phone was often connected by the time I started the car for cripes sake.

-Beth :-\

nupi

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got an S3 a couple of weeks ago, and noticed that it takes much longer to connect to my in car bluetooth than my old phone (Nokia Lumia 710). My old phone would connect very soon after the engine was started, with the S3 i am a few minutes into my drive before it connects. I have not bee able to find any way to speed that up yet.

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Fwiw in both my camaro with factory Bluetooth and my lesabre with a Motorola kit, my gs4 connects within 10 seconds or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

nupi

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I found the issue for my case. I never deleted my old phone from my in-car bluetooth, therefore it was still set as the primary phone. I am assuming this meant the in-car bluetooth was searching to pair with that one first, before going down the list to my Galaxy S3. Once I deleted my old phone and made my Galaxy the primary phone, it started connecting much faster. It now takes around 17 seconds to connect, as opposed to the few minutes it used to.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts