Smart Lock + 60 coordinates = my home address

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, I have my home address programmed into my S8's Smart Lock. But, it doesn't unlock. So, I add my current location (within the house) to my trusted locations and now, and it might unlock for a day and then it will stop. I literally have 60 GPS coordinates saved SOLELY for my home. I lock my phone and unlock it again after each new GPS is saved, to see if it worked. But, today, I'm sitting in one place and it keeps adding different coordinates to my trusted places. Without moving, at all, I saved more than SIX coordinates in a matter of seconds.

I thought the circle around where I am, on the map, was supposed to be included in my Smart Lock location, but apparently not. Or, that's the bug in the programming. And, the differences in the GPS coordinates are inches, like 11.0"N, 11.1"N and it's the same thing for W.

Yes, my house is kinda large. But, the circle around me, on the map, encases my neighbor and the street. So, why in the world is it so touchy that a matter of a fraction of an inch, GPS-wise, changes everything??

I didn't have this issue with my Note 5.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The app doesn't do any background data sending (I just went through all of my apps, to turn off background data permissions), so they can use the fact that I downloaded their app in any way they like - but that's about the only data they get. Whether I use it or not, or how I use it, is kept on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance