Sprint Galaxy S8 Smart lock Trusted places is gone

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Not only has my Smart Lock 'Trusted places' stopped working (I work from home it used to work), but Trusted places is no longer listed on the Smart Lock menu. I have On-body, Trusted devices, and Voice match, Trusted places is gone. I have no idea when this disappeard but I know it was there after my Sprint upgrade to Oreo.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Not only has my Smart Lock 'Trusted places' stopped working (I work from home it used to work), but Trusted places is no longer listed on the Smart Lock menu. I have On-body, Trusted devices, and Voice match, Trusted places is gone. I have no idea when this disappeard but I know it was there after my Sprint upgrade to Oreo.
I guess that's why it's, stopped working then. Bummer. It was a handy feature.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually... I just looked and it's still in my settings. But rarely works since Oreo.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

That is why it stopped working -- because it is gone.

It is happening across multiple devices. It is gone from Pixel/Pixel 2 Devices as well.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Well you know, if it's stolen at a "trusted" place, the thief can return and overtake your device. So from a security point of view it makes sense to me.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering today what happened to it and when. I didn't wear my smart watch (trusted device) so I figured trusted places would work at work and that's when I noticed it.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well you know, if it's stolen at a "trusted" place, the thief can return and overtake your device. So from a security point of view it makes sense to me.
That's the point, you're only supposed to use it at a place you trust. I pretty much only have mine set to my house and a few friend's houses.

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
***update*** I'm back to entering my pin every time I open my phone, this so sucks.

I work from home, every time I used my phone yesterday Trusted places worked exactly as it should. Today I've had to enter my pin 3 times but after I opened Smart lock to check the Trusted places settings I have not had to enter my pin.

Last edited:

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
It's here alright, along with the may update. And after setting and a reboot all options work properly.
I do have to move the map a little bit though since my phone doesn't detect my location at the exact spot I'm in.
The Netherlands.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
It's inconsistent still. I just came home and it wasn't unlocked on the first try. However, after I unlocked it once, it has remained unlocked for awhile. That's better than before, if it continues to work this way.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE, July 27. On my Pixel 2 I switch the location setting to "Device only" for use with a nautical charting program, because I noticed that when on the water the location wanders all over the place when using "High accuracy." The full description for "Device only" is "Use GPS and device sensors to determine location." This also seems to have resulted in Smart Lock keeping my phone unlocked while at my home, at least for now! Will keep testing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox