Smart Switch restore (odd question)

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
As I discussed in a prior post, and coming out of the One UI 5.0 beta, I ultimately decided (incorrectly as it turns out) to perform a factory data reset on my device. Based on the most reasonable advice and consensus from everyone on the post, I performed a FDR and then a restore from Smart Switch of everything EXCEPT the backed-up settings.

As it turned out, that did not solve the issue (because it couldn't be solved) and I had to start from scratch with setting up my phone. All my settings that I had accumulated over the years were gone. I'm still finding little things that require me to adjust. So here it is:

I still have the Smart Switch backup with those settings. I'm thinking about performing a custom restore from that backup, restoring ONLY the settings.

I'm curious about others' opinions. In theory, all of my current app and phone settings would simply be replaced with the settings from that backup.

Thoughts?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so I'll answer my own question. I went ahead and restored all of my settings from my backup...the one performed prior to my FDR.

SON OF A GUN! All is back to working properly. So.....there you go. Unless my phone melts in my hand, I won't be doing a Smart Switch restore without my settings ever again, lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC