Snyc with Outlook Calendar/Contacts?

-BroadSword-

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Does the G2X sync with Outlook contacts/calendars? I only saw something about Gmail calendar/Contacts when I first got it. Also...when I plug my phone into my PC it doesn't show up as another drive. Nothing happens except that it charges.

Last edited:

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
You can't sync with Outlook right out of the box. Fortunately, there are options available. Check out SyncDroid.net for a great list of options (including our own, CompanionLink for Outlook, which I'd be happy to help you with if you like).

As for when you plug in your phone - it sounds like you're in "Charge Only" mode for the USB connection settings. It's a bit different for various Android devices, but you can usually change your USB connection setting right from the notification bar after you connect the phone.

Hope that helps!

- David

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Does the G2X sync with Outlook contacts/calendars? I only saw something about Gmail calendar/Contacts when I first got it. Also...when I plug my phone into my PC it doesn't show up as another drive. Nothing happens except that it charges.

If you are looking to get your work email and calendar... then it works with Exchange perfectly fine. You just go to "Add Account" and put in your information and the server address, etc., and it will sync up fine, no third party App required.

I fully understand that Outlook is different and you may need a 3rd party App for that... not sure. But Andriod does have to have a Gmail account to operate. So all of us on Android have at least one Gmail account. I never use it so it simply runs in the background for me and does whatever it does.

-BroadSword-

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My PC is just not "seeing" my phone when I connect it via USB. I have tried it on "mass storage only" mode checked and unchecked. I've plugged into the front of the PC, back of it and through a hub and nothing happens. Now..I did buy the cord from an ATT store, but should it matter? All it does is charges the battery.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
I suppose it's possible that the cord may have an issue, but I'm not sure how likely that is in this case. Have you checked to ensure you have the drivers from LG? The fix may be as simple as downloading those from their site.

Hope that helps!

- David

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I suggest asking a friend to use their cable and see if it works? I could only use a SONY usb cable for my Xperia..a normal one didn't work (only charge) before as well. Or as said before, get the latest software on your pc for your phone.

Regarding the sync process. Id recommend EVO Collaborator for Outlook as alternative. Its what iv been using since the service for Google Calendar Sync has been suspended in August 2014.
Its basically just an add-in to Outlook.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorious Woman