so have you put a screen protector on it yet?

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Xtremeguard has their polyurethane skins on eBay for 2 bucks now, just ordered 2. Until it comes I cut my own. Looks a little like crap but will work until the good ones arrive. The case friendly non curved glass I got didn't account for the slight curve of the center of the screen and failed miserably. Got a refund in a couple hours when they saw the pictures though.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I applied the Spigen NeoFlex last night as a temporary holdover until I can get one from Bodyguardz however, I am not entirely sure what to do. I also have the Spigen Tough Armor case and from what I can tell, the edge of the NeoFlex and the edge of the case is really close so if there was any protector that was a little bigger than the NeoFlex, then the case would make it lift.

The NeoFlex is ok, but I prefer something harder - like PET plastic. Bodyguardz made those for the S7e, and the one they have for the S8+, I am not sure it is made of PET plastic. If not, then I might hold off. PET plastic is as close as you can get to glass without it being glass but it sticks to the screen at all points, not just some points like the glass ones. The NeoFlex is soft and with fingers it is okay - but when I put one of these on my Note7 last year, I had to rip it off because the self-healing properties didn't really self heal 100% when using a stylus.

Not to talk about cases - but for anyone buying a Spigen Tough Armor - if you had bought these before for the S7e, you will notice that the one for the S8+ has edges that are higher then previously - meaning that it comes up on the edge more than before. As a result, if the protector isn't case friendly, you're going to have problems - and I think you might have problems with some that are classified as case friendly as well. It is literally a perfect fit with the NeoFlex. I am interested in hearing if people are having problems with screen protectors and the Tough Armor, or if it's just in my imagination.
I got same protector only I think they should leave cutouts for sensors

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried the NeoFlex by Spigen and it's terrible.

It has the orange-peel effect. It's noticeable when you look at your screen, but I like to use the Gear VR, and that just make things worse, because that orange peel effect is basically amplified.
It's noticeable definitely that you have screen protector but I don't have issues with what you call orange peel effect. I would say down side is no cutouts for sensors and face unlock not working best with this screen protector, without screen protector it's outstanding unlock

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My Alpha Glass will be here Tuesday. This is the first curved display device that I have ever had.

Let us know how that works... a few have returned the Alpha glass because of issues with them not having cut outs or the edges not sticking in the defender case.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I just sold my S7 Edge and it had one barely visible tiny scuff mark on it, and the guy who was buying it couldn't find it so I had to show him where it was at. That was Gorilla Glass 4. This is Gorilla Glass 5, and the YouTube guy who tests screen durability could not damage the screen for the life of him.
I had no problem scratching my display within 24 hours. Never dropped, nothing weird happened to it at all. No idea where it came from. It pissed me off so bad that I went and exchanged it for a new one. Lol.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I got same protector only I think they should leave cutouts for sensors

True, no cutout for the iris sensor but I haven't experienced issues. It is still very fast, and to top it off, I also wear contacts and it works the same on and off.

It's not the most ideal - I still like the PET film protectors which to me is almost like glass but I don't see any for the S8/S8+ yet. It fits perfectly with the Spigen cases so it'll do at least until I can find a better one.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon rep didn't push the more expensive Zagg. She pushed the Verizon one, which is $30 cheaper and has a cut out for the front camera, speaker, and iris scanner.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I got a Zagg glass screen protector that is case friendly at Tmobile. So far I am NOT loving it. It works great with my Spigen Hybrid case but the touch sensitivity sucks along the edges and the nearly impossible to pull down the notification bar. I'm going to give it a few days to see if it settles and for me to get use to it. If it still annoys the crap out of me I'm taking it back.
How much Did it cost. My cheap $10 does same thing.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Think I'm bypassing the screen protector for the first time ever. The reviews of these things have been very unkind so far.

bobbigirl83

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Decided to rock the Zagg hd dry. I will give my thoughts in a few days once I've put a case back on and have used it for a few days.

On a related note, I feel really bad because I told a guy who was buying the phone and a case not to get the glass screen protector he had in his pile to purchase. I told him to buy a film one instead. I didn't know that this particular location only had the glass ones so he only ended up buying the case :(

Sorry, Mr. AT&T Sales Guy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas