So how's it going, Pixel 8 fans?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't come through too often myself either, but it seems like message traffic has slowed quite a bit! Are we all happy with our phones and having no problems or is everybody hiding their time until the 9 shows up? In my experience the latter only happens when the phone is two years old, but we haven't had these for even a year yet. I'm solidly in the former camp - I am still thrilled with my Pixel 8 Pro. Absolutely no problems - this is the best phone I've ever had.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't come through too often myself either, but it seems like message traffic has slowed quite a bit! Are we all happy with our phones and having no problems or is everybody hiding their time until the 9 shows up? In my experience the latter only happens when the phone is two years old, but we haven't had these for even a year yet. I'm solidly in the former camp - I am still thrilled with my Pixel 8 Pro. Absolutely no problems - this is the best phone I've ever had.
Same here, best phone for me so far as well. Absolutely love the FLAT screen and the macro camera. Those 2 features are what pushed me to get the P8P, replacing my P6P.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad someone brought up this topic. I literally have no issues of concern and it's working amazingly. At one of my jobs, I have the ONLY Pixel 8 series (the Pro) and when we have functions, everyone asks me to take the photos. Mind you, there are people in the group with iPhone 14's and 15's and even they want me to take the photos. Performance has been great. This is the first phone after a slew of Galaxy S's that I don't go through and constantly feel like I have to close programs out to boost performance due to sluggishness. I mean.......I'm on this thing daily and I carry 2 devices and it just works so well. I was pleasantly surprised with the switch and I'm hooked.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad someone brought up this topic. I literally have no issues of concern and it's working amazingly. At one of my jobs, I have the ONLY Pixel 8 series (the Pro) and when we have functions, everyone asks me to take the photos. Mind you, there are people in the group with iPhone 14's and 15's and even they want me to take the photos. Performance has been great. This is the first phone after a slew of Galaxy S's that I don't go through and constantly feel like I have to close programs out to boost performance due to sluggishness. I mean.......I'm on this thing daily and I carry 2 devices and it just works so well. I was pleasantly surprised with the switch and I'm hooked.
Same here, best phone for me so far as well. Absolutely love the FLAT screen and the macro camera. Those 2 features are what pushed me to get the P8P, replacing my P6P.
YES! The flat screen is the BOMB. I still, all these months later, look down at it and think to myself how much better this is. I didn't realize how miserable I was with my P6P.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The lack of traffic seems indicative that this is a solid phone that just works! I have no problems or anything to complain about :)
I'm always tempted to get a new phone every year, this may be the year I skip the 9 and wait for the 10. For my daily use case, I don't see anything but incremental improvement in the 9. Very happy Google Pixel user (and, as you can see, I've had a few of them).

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The lack of traffic seems indicative that this is a solid phone that just works! I have no problems or anything to complain about :)
I'm always tempted to get a new phone every year, this may be the year I skip the 9 and wait for the 10. For my daily use case, I don't see anything but incremental improvement in the 9. Very happy Google Pixel user (and, as you can see, I've had a few of them).
I hope to pass by the 10 too. I'll stay with this until a Pixel comes along that just blows it away .. and I can't imagine how it would. We have software support until - what - the year, 2300 or something?

I can see bringing it to UBreakIFix to get the battery replaced some day (I did that with my OG Pixel XL, only to replace it with the Pixel 4 XL some months later because of the face ID). But unless I break or lose it I can't see it going anywhere.

Glyn

Oct 12, 2023
Visit site
I'm happy with my P8P so far. My only complaint is that I feel some vibration when sound is playing on the bottom right speaker if my finger is down there...I never noticed that with any of my previous devices.

Last edited: