So I got a new Fascinate

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The problem I am going though is this I have gotten the phone earlier this week. So Im still in the 14 day return policy. I have gotten 7 replacements so they let me buy a new one at a discounted price. Anyway So the new one seems to look idk different than I"m used too. Like when you pull down the notification bar I can see like little lines in it. I also see lines in the colors like if I were to do a blue background or something. I notice when I set the brightness all the way up I don't see the lines anymore. So is this just the way the phone looks when its set to auto brightness, and lcd power save?
Here is a pic I found not my phone and not as bad but an idea of what I'm talking about. Just want to make sure I got a good one another thing that is bugging me is Its a Nov 4 unit. So any advice on what I should do? Also note that I still have my other fascinate that had some minor screen burn in at the top and the other one doesn't seem to look like that.

nexuss6001.jpg

Last edited:

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The problem I am going though is this I have gotten the phone earlier this week. So Im still in the 14 day return policy. I have gotten 7 replacements so they let me buy a new one at a discounted price. Anyway So the new one seems to look idk different than I"m used too. Like when you pull down the notification bar I can see like little lines in it. I also see lines in the colors like if I were to do a blue background or something. I notice when I set the brightness all the way up I don't see the lines anymore. So is this just the way the phone looks when its set to auto brightness, and lcd power save?
Here is a pic I found not my phone and not as bad but an idea of what I'm talking about. Just want to make sure I got a good one another thing that is bugging me is Its a Nov 4 unit. So any advice on what I should do? Also note that I still have my other fascinate that had some minor screen burn in at the top and the other one doesn't seem to look like that.

Never had my Fascinate look like that. Never heard of someone having so many troubles either, sorry about your luck. I had to return my first one due to USB not working. Went over it with everyone on the forums and couldn't get an answer. The colors on my phone are perfect, no burn ins (which according to samsung rep, it can't happen on the SAMOLED, I don't know how much I believe that one) and everything is running great. I'd demand a new device, something other then the fascinate, they have to let you. They have a device defect policy (I think it's 3 devices?) and you can choose a similar product at no extra charge.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

nexuss6001.jpg

I can't say I see any type of lines through my screen display. It's also hard to tell exactly what you mean by looking at that picture, but it does look kind of fuzzy.. not exactly clear like it should. I sure hope there's nothing wrong with your new phone since you've been through so many thus far. But personally my screen looks perfectly fine and as far as I know there shouldn't be any kind of anomillies with the screen. Hopefully you can get more points of view and advice on the matter.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Well there is no way to take a picture of it. You can't see it with a pic. The problem with getting another phone is they said I could get any phone except the Iphone, the droid charge or thunderbolt/Increadable 2. So that leaves me with Droid x, or Droid 2 or I think that's it. So the fascinate is really the best one. Yeah So like if you could get a background with some blue in it like idk. so none of you guys notification bar has lines in it at all? Look real close with the brightness set to automatic and lcd powersave on. What about when you guys phones were made?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Never had my Fascinate look like that. Never heard of someone having so many troubles either, sorry about your luck. I had to return my first one due to USB not working. Went over it with everyone on the forums and couldn't get an answer. The colors on my phone are perfect, no burn ins (which according to samsung rep, it can't happen on the SAMOLED, I don't know how much I believe that one) and everything is running great. I'd demand a new device, something other then the fascinate, they have to let you. They have a device defect policy (I think it's 3 devices?) and you can choose a similar product at no extra charge.

They can have burn in I've seen it, and have proof of it.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
They can have burn in I've seen it, and have proof of it.

Yes, burn in is very possible on the Fascinate as there are reports of it within these forums. My phone has no lines or other abnormalties with those settings or any other settings for that matter. Sounding more and more like yet another bad phone man :( And I agree the Fascinate is definitely better than the other two phones they will let you choose from. I'm hoping for your sake the bad luck ends! But it's sounding like we've pinned it down that there's something not so right about this new phone they sent you. Makes me wonder if it really WAS a new phone and not a refurbished one.. Either way it's absolutely absurd that you keep getting 'bad' phones :(

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey, are the lines your seeing in the notifaction area very faint? Because I think I'm starting to see what you may be talking about. That's just how the design, so to call it, is with the stock notifaction pull down. I see very faint like lines going down the display in that area. As for a blue background I don't really see it. But I'm starting to think as long as it's not super noticeable lines you're seeing, you may be seeing what I see on mine and that's perfectly normal in regards to the pull down notifaction window.

As for any other picture quality, are you seeing lines in any of the icons or pictures you have on your phone. Or is it limited to what you described in your original post? I'm hoping this is the case as that may just be great news for you that you're phone is fine. I have my fingers crossed lol.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey, are the lines your seeing in the notifaction area very faint? Because I think I'm starting to see what you may be talking about. That's just how the design, so to call it, is with the stock notifaction pull down. I see very faint like lines going down the display in that area. As for a blue background I don't really see it. But I'm starting to think as long as it's not super noticeable lines you're seeing, you may be seeing what I see on mine and that's perfectly normal in regards to the pull down notifaction window.

As for any other picture quality, are you seeing lines in any of the icons or pictures you have on your phone. Or is it limited to what you described in your original post? I'm hoping this is the case as that may just be great news for you that you're phone is fine. I have my fingers crossed lol.

No as far as when I look at the icons and stuff it looks fine, but when you choose the blue sea live wallpaper. I can see the little lines very faint but they are there. In the notification bar I can see like little green lines when i look real close but I think that's normal. I don't know my other one has the lines in the pull down bar as well but they are harder to see than the new one. idk what is the date of yours it says it behind the battery. Just not sure I mean this is ******ed at this point, I'm not sure if i'm being paranoid because of the 14 day thing or not. I kinda have a eye for fascinates at this point because I have seen so many. Plus I have one to compare it too, the two screens def look different from the two I have. They both don't look bad just one has burn in, in the notification bar.Those little lines are bugging me though. Try the blue sea wallpaper tell me what you think ? Thanks for responding and caring.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
No as far as when I look at the icons and stuff it looks fine, but when you choose the blue sea live wallpaper. I can see the little lines very faint but they are there. In the notification bar I can see like little green lines when i look real close but I think that's normal. I don't know my other one has the lines in the pull down bar as well but they are harder to see than the new one. idk what is the date of yours it says it behind the battery. Just not sure I mean this is ******ed at this point, I'm not sure if i'm being paranoid because of the 14 day thing or not. I kinda have a eye for fascinates at this point because I have seen so many. Plus I have one to compare it too, the two screens def look different from the two I have. They both don't look bad just one has burn in, in the notification bar.Those little lines are bugging me though. Try the blue sea wallpaper tell me what you think ? Thanks for responding and caring.

The blue sea wallpaper is a little bit similar to what I see in the notifaction pull down area. Very faint and imho, normal. I actually have to sit there and focus to be able to see anything. Guess yours may have a very slight difference, but without visibly being able to compare mine to yours I can't really say for sure. I'd say at this point it's completely your choice whether you would want to stick with that one or try yet another replacement.

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I would also like to add... go compare it to a phone on display at your local VZW store. If you have any discrepancies, or issues in regards to the two when compared, talk to somebody higher up. Don't let the floor guys push you into anything, straight up ask for the manager, and then ask him for either his boss's number, or talk to him. If it looks the same, ask them why it does that. Just don't let them push you around with anything, and demand a phone that is equal -- iPhone. People around here have gotten iPhones from returns/defects in the Fascinate. It can be done. You shouldn't have to deal with this so many times, terrible on VZW's part to provide customer satisfaction.

Good luck!

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I think some people are more sensitive to seeing "lines" in their LCD/AMOLED display than others. Those lines may be from your eyes picking up the refresh rate of the phone faster than other people can. I've been through 2 Fascinates, my wife has a Palm Pre Plus, my LCD HDTV running at 60 Hz and I can see lines from time to time and my wife can't. Interesting really. I would just show my phone off to other people and ask them what they think of the screen and if they don't see issues with it, chances are its fine and maybe you are just a little more sensitive to it.

Reactions: FearTheGhost13

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I think some people are more sensitive to seeing "lines" in their LCD/AMOLED display than others. Those lines may be from your eyes picking up the refresh rate of the phone faster than other people can. I've been through 2 Fascinates, my wife has a Palm Pre Plus, my LCD HDTV running at 60 Hz and I can see lines from time to time and my wife can't. Interesting really. I would just show my phone off to other people and ask them what they think of the screen and if they don't see issues with it, chances are its fine and maybe you are just a little more sensitive to it.

Thanks man, that makes sense to me and sounds pretty accurate! I totally agree with your suggestion. Definitely give that a try trigun.

Reactions: MegaSoundwave76

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Well Guys Thanks for all the advice. So I went to take the phone back, and verizon had the same batch and one he pulled out to replace mine had a bad touch screen on it. So i was thinking it was the batch,so i went to a few different verizons in my area. They all had the same date phones 11-2, a few had ones from 10-2. So after 3 Stores the last one I went to was like if you have had that much trouble with the Fascinate, why don't you just get another phone. I was like really any phone? They said any phone but the iphone. So i chose the incredible 2. I have a upgrade in june I did a alternate upgrade with my sis. She doesn't care about phones. So the incredible 2 will last me a while I think. Just tired of dealing with problems with the fascinate. Thank god they let me switch it out. Thanks guys. The only thing about being sensitive to the refresh rate thing is I've had fascinates without that problem. Thanks though. Glad to be done with worrying about it, now I can just enjoy my phone.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Well Guys Thanks for all the advice. So I went to take the phone back, and verizon had the same batch and one he pulled out to replace mine had a bad touch screen on it. So i was thinking it was the batch,so i went to a few different verizons in my area. They all had the same date phones 11-2, a few had ones from 10-2. So after 3 Stores the last one I went to was like if you have had that much trouble with the Fascinate, why don't you just get another phone. I was like really any phone? They said any phone but the iphone. So i chose the incredible 2. I have a upgrade in june I did a alternate upgrade with my sis. She doesn't care about phones. So the incredible 2 will last me a while I think. Just tired of dealing with problems with the fascinate. Thank god they let me switch it out. Thanks guys. The only thing about being sensitive to the refresh rate thing is I've had fascinates without that problem. Thanks though. Glad to be done with worrying about it, now I can just enjoy my phone.

Sorry to hear that man, but I wish you the best of luck with your new phone. I really hope you get the best out of it, glad they finally worked with you! I'll be getting a new phone in about a month, still debating what to get or if I want to wait it out. I'll always keep my Fascinate tho :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali